Bus 266Mhz

Old January 27th 11, 07:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pahm

Default Bus 266Mhz

Hi all

Do you know if the motherboard, PcChips M810L Series for AMD Socket 462,
can use the front side bus at 266MHz?

http://3-bs.eu/pcchips-m810lr-drivers-p-663080.html

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-PC_CHIPS/M810L(V3.0).html

If can use this frequency of bus only, if it uses, the RAM / SDRAM
PC133Mhz? or even those with PC100?

Regards

Old January 28th 11, 12:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
peter

?http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWebSite...nuID=7&LanID=0

FSB of 200 as perspecs.........

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

Old January 28th 11, 02:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

pahm wrote:
Hi all

Do you know if the motherboard, PcChips M810L Series for AMD Socket 462,
can use the front side bus at 266MHz?

http://3-bs.eu/pcchips-m810lr-drivers-p-663080.html

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-PC_CHIPS/M810L(V3.0).html

If can use this frequency of bus only, if it uses, the RAM / SDRAM
PC133Mhz? or even those with PC100?

Regards

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=-67

Socket A (100/200 DDR MHz Support)
SDRAM PC100/PC133 Support

I would interpret that to mean, the operating mode has
a synchronous option (FSB200 / PC100) and a "one step
higher" mode of FSB200 / PC133.

This site says your board takes FSB266 processors, and means
the PC Chips board may have the filter on the PLL installed.
The revision level of the motherboard may be important,
in terms of predicting whether more modern processors will
work or not. (A PLL power filter was used to make some later
AMD processors work.) Another element required, is a proper
config for ROMSIP (and I don't know how that works).

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-PC_CHIPS/M810L(V3.0).html

"2200+ .13u (256K, 266, Socket 462) 030808s V3.0

If the processor runs at FSB266 and the memory is operated
in synchronous mode, then you'd want to install PC133 memory.
(FSB266 / PC133 would use the same divider as FSB200 / PC100.)
I doubt there would be an additional divider, to do FSB266 and
PC100. If you have the board currently running, you may be able
to tell from the BIOS options, whether there are more than
two ratios for memory supported.

*******

Using an ECS K7SEM motherboard manual as a predictive tool
(K7SEM uses SIS730S chip as well), it says:

http://download.ecsusa.com/dlfileecs...7sem30aeng.zip

"Even if the K7SEM mainboard supports a memory bus of 100/133MHz,
you cannot set the memory bus speed less than the CPU bus speed
(CPU/Memory: 100/100, 100/133, 133/133)."

Which means, if you want to use a FSB266 processor, you *must*
use PC133 RAM.

Paul
Old January 28th 11, 09:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pahm

ok, thanks.

Regards