What HSF for M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe and Phenom II 965

Old December 8th 10, 08:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skipai

Default What HSF for M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe and Phenom II 965

Not sure the HSF that came with the processor is doing that well. Got
58c while playing WoW and any other game. It idles at around 33c.
However, bit worried on the whole weight of some of the after market
HSF's since I can't tell if this motherboard has mount holes like my old
Gigabyte board had.

Anyone know if it does or doesn't and if not, which HSF would be
suitable for a processor while being clipped into the AM2+

--
Skipai
Old December 8th 10, 08:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Homer Jay Simpson[_3_]

"Skipai" wrote in message
Not sure the HSF that came with the processor is doing that well. Got 58c
while playing WoW and any other game. It idles at around 33c. However,
bit worried on the whole weight of some of the after market HSF's since I
can't tell if this motherboard has mount holes like my old Gigabyte board
had.

Anyone know if it does or doesn't and if not, which HSF would be suitable
for a processor while being clipped into the AM2+

--
Skipai

If you want to use a decent third-party cooling solution like the Cooler
Master Hyper 212 you will need to unscrew and remove the existing retention
module base which will expose the mounting holes.
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 comes with a back plate for the under side of
the motherboard which should allay your worry about the weight of the
assembly causing flexing of the motherboard.

Old December 8th 10, 09:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skipai

On 08/12/2010 20:40, Homer Jay Simpson wrote:

If you want to use a decent third-party cooling solution like the Cooler
Master Hyper 212 you will need to unscrew and remove the existing retention
module base which will expose the mounting holes.
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 comes with a back plate for the under side of
the motherboard which should allay your worry about the weight of the
assembly causing flexing of the motherboard.

Okay, I was thinking on getting Thermaltake Frio cooler. But shall look
at the one you've suggested. Both should fit okay on the motherboard.

I've managed to get temps down to idle at 36oC (95oF), not sure at load
yet, had to fiddle with the speeds on the two 250mm side fans from
minimal near cpu and max near hdds at front of case. Can't see any
other way, bar the 120mm fan at front and one at back being Akasa
AK-183-L2B fans. Suppose I could go for louder fans that push more than
44.8CFM.

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/c...l_tower_case/1

Think the fans are rated at 150.49CFM at max speed.

--
Skipai

Old December 8th 10, 10:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
peter

I am a Thermalright fan to me they are the best out there
and you can add your own hi airflow..noisy...or quiet fan
http://www.thermalright.com/products....php?cat_id=27

And you cant beat a Scythe fan...
http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/ac...hp_detail.html

they have models that push a lot of air and run quiet...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=223391&page=1

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

Old December 9th 10, 12:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skipai

On 08/12/2010 22:39, peter wrote:
I am a Thermalright fan to me they are the best out there
and you can add your own hi airflow..noisy...or quiet fan
http://www.thermalright.com/products....php?cat_id=27

And you cant beat a Scythe fan...
http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/ac...hp_detail.html

they have models that push a lot of air and run quiet...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=223391&page=1

peter

That scythe one will work for rear though for front it wouldn't work as
the actual place to put said fan is 120mm and not 140mm, so wouldn't
fit. But probably have other models, yes. Looking into things.

--
Skipai
Old December 9th 10, 04:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Foke

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:00:48 +0000, Skipai
wrote:

Not sure the HSF that came with the processor is doing that well. Got
58c while playing WoW and any other game. It idles at around 33c.
However, bit worried on the whole weight of some of the after market
HSF's since I can't tell if this motherboard has mount holes like my old
Gigabyte board had.

Anyone know if it does or doesn't and if not, which HSF would be
suitable for a processor while being clipped into the AM2+

58C is no where near out of spec, but if you get that with any game then
there could be a problem. Have you tried a heat producing utility like
Prime95 to see what your true upper end temps are?

The stock HSF's usually do an excellent job. If not, then I would suspect
a mounting problem.