forgot password

Old March 13th 08, 08:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
vips

Default forgot password

I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.
Old March 13th 08, 08:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
sandy58[_2_]

On Mar 13, 8:11 am, vips wrote:
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

Remove the CMOS battery for 30mins.
Old March 13th 08, 08:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
harikeo

sandy58 wrote:
On Mar 13, 8:11 am, vips wrote:
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

Remove the CMOS battery for 30mins.

How does that work? Does removing the CMOS battery affect Windows?
Old March 13th 08, 09:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larry Roberts

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 01:18:14 -0700 (PDT), sandy58
wrote:

On Mar 13, 8:11 am, vips wrote:
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

Remove the CMOS battery for 30mins.

He said Window's password, not the BIOS password.
Old March 13th 08, 11:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SteveH[_2_]

wrote:

On Mar 13, 8:11 am, vips wrote:
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

Remove the CMOS battery for 30mins.

He said Window's password, not the BIOS password.

Mind you, I've had plenty of customers that wouldn't know the difference!

SteveH

Old March 13th 08, 04:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
sdlomi2

"vips" wrote in message
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

Tried Google? This gave a number of hits:

"I forgot the password for logging on to windows" HTH, s

Old March 13th 08, 04:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
sdlomi2

"vips" wrote in message
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

A guy on Ebay sells "electronically delivered" prog. to burn to cd,
insert it, re-start computer, and follow directions, and you've got password
set. Offers tech. assistance AND 100% refund if unhappy. Got 700 feedbacks
with 99.7% positive--that'd earn my trust! Look at his ad, & his
feedback-history, & read from buyers who said it works--several got out of
jambs they said no one had fixed. HTH--if so, report back so we can all buy
one. And NO, NO, NO, I am NOT him/her and I don't KNOW him/her. If he was
gouging us with price I might tell you to get it, email me a copy, and I'd
PayPal you half--but hey, he's gotta make a living and his price is cheap.
sdlomi2

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOWNLOAD-WINDOWS...QQcmdZViewItem

Old March 13th 08, 05:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"sdlomi2" sdlSPAMomi2 yahoo.com wrote:

"vips" vipingu gmail.com wrote in message

I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help
me how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

A guy on Ebay sells "electronically delivered" prog. to burn
to cd,
insert it, re-start computer, and follow directions, and you've
got password set. Offers tech. assistance AND 100% refund if
unhappy. Got 700 feedbacks with 99.7% positive--that'd earn my
trust!

I would be significantly more concerned. I would consider how long
the seller has had the account. I would also look at whether the
seller has an unusual number of withdrawn feedback. A bad seller
will leave retaliatory feedback to coerce the buyer into removing
his (or her) neutral or negative feedback.

Fortunately, eBay feedback rules are changing this month to prevent
sellers from retaliation, so eventually you won't see the totally
unrealistic 99.9% feedback anymore and hopefully you will get to see
honest feedback from sellers.

From: "sdlomi2" sdlSPAMomi2 yahoo.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: forgot password
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:57:41 -0400

Old March 13th 08, 05:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

[...]

snipped link

BEWARE, seller "detailedauctions" leaves retaliatory feedback
attempting to force ebay buyers to remove neutral or negative
feedback.

703 Feedback received (viewing 1-25)
Ratings mutually withdrawn: 5

From: "sdlomi2" sdlSPAMomi2 yahoo.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:57:41 -0400

Forgot thermal paste JClark General 26 August 30th 07 10:12 PM
forgot to say . . . chirree Acer Computers 0 April 25th 07 04:13 PM
I forgot how to do it... Ed Cregger Homebuilt PC's 26 November 6th 05 07:29 PM
Forgot to add.. Dave Abit Motherboards 3 December 30th 03 10:34 PM
Lexmark problem solved - new problem! forgot Password ?! Pret Orian Printers 0 September 26th 03 05:01 PM