Help

Old July 6th 03, 01:55 PM
Winston

Default Help

"metronid" wrote in message
I do not think that this newsgroup is dying
It may be a little constipated
Just needs something to get it moving properly

I visit priorityonesupport quite often
They seem to be getting many questions
It is also a pay site and people seem to paying
for information that is given here free

I also noticed that the chat forum packardbell site in
Europe is working and somewhat busy
They of course are giving information on the newer
systems

Most people here are capable of giving information on
the newer as well as the older ones

I noticed that the Brits are little diiferent in their
activities on the packardbell europe chat forum

I have some good things as well as bad things to say
I will keep my mouth shut on that

I actually like it here because the long time users are
nice and polite for the most part and it is a low key
group

I do actually visit the compaq newsgroups just
to see what is going on
I basically keep quiet there
I just collect data on complaints

This has allowed me to figure the inner workings on
many compaq power supplies and power supplies
for computers in general
I do not post there because I sell plans for modified
compaq power supplies
Actually I sell simple instructions for modifications
I am currently doing this for just one power supply
That is all I have available to me

I ramble
Ben will agree on this point

I am currently playing with bios
This is usually better left alone
I have one for the 450MB
I did not write it
I just explored what PB already had
It allows large HD support up to about 4.3 gigs

It is simply their bios that for the 450MB
with the PCI/ISA riser card
The one that says for the combo only

They lied or they were cautious

I also learned a little about a shared isa/pci slot
It appears to me that each one in a system can actually be
made to be a shared one if any in the system are shared
This of course is limited by price and size restraints
And of course maufacturing
I can not manufacture from scratch

What I am wondering now is about mrbios updates
microfirmware

You must have their bios resident on a system to use
their updates
Can you flash with the wrong bios
Then use their update

I have an old 450MB
It could go south and never return
Just like messing around
As long as it has boot block
I can alays recover

I still have a problem
It is my problem
People who ask a question and do not respond

I just modified a disk for a calhoops2000 who
posted here
He emailed me back that the disk worked

I asked him if he could psot here
The reasoning
It helps other people looking for help
It also strengthens this group

I am rambling again

This is a reason that this group has less inquiries
People ask and get help and never respond

Damm I watch people pay 2.99 per minute and say
thank you
Are we doing something wrong
Or are we arrogant like the French state

I have only been here a short time, I have seen Mr. Elector fight with
trolls, I have seen Ben answer many questions, I have seen you do some
sort of restore process and I have noted that Mr. Elector relies on
your knowledge since he places an attention in the subject line for
you to be alerted to a poster plight.

I have seen all of the people here with the exception of this "RTFM"
person get along. I don't know this person of course so I will limit
my comments.

I have been awed by the friendships of many of you here. I have seen
total cooperation among the posters with names of Kc, Velix, Anthony,
Ben, TnT, Drydem, Metronid, Elector, Simon, and a few others. I hope
some day I can count you all as friends for now I am lurking and
learning. I am friends with Elector on another group under another
guise. I just think its bad that he has to spend his time getting rid
of trolls instead of enjoying his internet time on line. But that is
his choice and I have told him to let the troll posts and rants just
die out. He is a very stubborn man :-)

Oh well I commend you all for your assistance to others [this does not
include the troll] and may you all have a great Sunday with your
families.

W.

Old July 6th 03, 03:35 PM
Elector

"metronid" wrote in message
There are people who who answer various questions
I try to stay to one topic

I am able to answer questions on others topics
I usually let those questions alone

I leave installation problems to people
who do such things on a daily basis

Most people here can answer questions on a wide variety
of subjects

It is the sum of all the parts that may it one large total

Name calling is not part of this equation
Responding to such only intensifies the problem

Who is right and wrong seems to only make
it worse
People take sides
Armies mass
Engagement occurs
Innocent people are hurt

This is not a battleground
Do not make it one

Metronid, that was great advice. With the advent of the world sitting
idly by and watching others hammer away at the oppressors and then
watching the encroaching of the troops to their own doors and then the
questions become, Why did I let this happen? Could I have done more?
Who will now come to my assistance?

Granted I have responded to the RTFM posts and have done so with the
knowledge that we as a whole group cannot allow the reasons we are
here to be used for lunacy and disruptions. Again I don't mind the
fact you have stayed out of the fray, your reasons must be your own.
In a reasonable society such posts of "disruption" should not occur
and yet they do. They would be far worse unless some take a stand and
rid the group of the offending flamer and offending kook that has if
you are using reason know via its posts have been nothing but off
topic and disruptive.

I don't expect you to take a side, Winston has his own opinion, as did
Ben, Simon, TnT, KC, Anthony and many others here. it would seem that
even if the troll RTFM or any other name it morphs into was here for
genuine assistance it followed no conforming rules of this group and
has done nothing but give misinformation and troll posts and incited
discord.

You on the other hand have a knowledge I lack, I have relied on your
assistance and have told others to alert you since you give genuine
help. You may be a top poster and that irks me but it does not take
away from your value as a real help on this group.

Please remember many of the folks here don't even own Packard Bells
any longer. They use the knowledge they gained from when they owned
the systems.

We have all interacted with one another to make this a friendly place.
filled with troll and kook posts. I have rid us of many of these
parasites over the years. That happens to be something I am good at. I
have the persistence to continue my onslaught on these disruptive news
group pests. Imagine what it would be like if you allowed trolls and
kooks as this RTFM to continue. This news group would be totally
worthless. You could not have any valuable posts from yourself even
seen let alone acted on. Think about it.

You then have to figure on the equation of why this nut job RTFM [or
any other name it morphs into] continues to post here. Why do you
suppose? It has been proven to be a liar, the posts show it is flaming
and trolling, the post from the July 4th. was meant to harass and
annoy many of our friends from the United Kingdom, it steals the
answers of those of you and Ben and a few others and then quotes them
as if they were his own. I have said this before and I will ask this
question again, "If this so called A. Grayson Walker III was a
professional person or a Doctor of Education would it continue to
annoy and harass on this group"?

You and others think about it, and ask the question to yourself. Would
he? Would not a person of stature in the business community or in
higher learning need to lie, steal others answers, give wrong answers,
and troll and disrupt this group? A person if he were such would not.

This RTFM is a nut case. Read all the trolls posts and judge for
yourself. Even if you and I never conversed before, had a difference
of opinion, or any other reason real or imagined. Read the posts and
judge for yourself.

It latched on to poor Ben because he was the person who answered his
initial question, he took an oft statement from you and made it gospel
to back up its ramblings. It tried to take away from Anthony and his
work on the PB FAQ's, It tried to be little this group via another
Packard bell user group at Yahoo Groups and its the only poster to the
group. The only one that can post to the group, the only one that can
read the posts, and it puts up user polls that no one votes on but
places them on the site to just get a rise out of me. Since I don't
belong to his losers group the polls mean nothing to me. I do have a
friend that sent the pages as jpgs and I have saved them for laugh
purposes. But it really is a mental case. Does that not tell you
something.

It has stated lies over and over about his ISP and of mine which I
posted the proof that his ISP has warned him over and over. Has he
toned down the posts? Yes for the most part. be he is still trolling
and giving misinformation. He can complain to RR until the cows come
home and they see that I have been here for years and have been
helpful and friendly. Now take into consideration that RTFM has stolen
others tag lines, posting names, ISP's, and their answers and then
continues to post flame bait.

I don't know about you but I don't need to be hit by lighting to know
that I was shocked. He went out in his quest to find out who I am and
placed some poor guy into harms way via posting his picture in that
losers group he made. I alerted this poor guy and told him that kook
boy was causing him harm and distress. I am sure he was contacted. He
also maligned a workers union via his parody of this Jack fellow. I am
sure he again gave no concern to this fellow or to the harm it would
cause him.

Now ask yourself that question, is that the doings of a sane
individual?

I am sorry for the long response. Winston had his points and they may
be biased since we know one another from another group but as I told
him and others. I need no help in ridding the group of this kook troll
RTFM I will stand and fight alone, but I will fight for what is right
and having kooks and trolls causing a disturbance in this group gone
is my contribution to help this group back on track.

Elector

Old July 9th 03, 09:24 PM
RTFM

Metronid, it is a great pity Winston and Elector missed your point.

Old July 9th 03, 10:49 PM
Winston

"RTFM" :-) wrote in message ...

No, the only pity is that your still troll posting for the sake of
making useless threads to this group.
You appear to wait for Mr. Elector or others you perceive to be a
threat to you and your kook postings, and then start the flames and
troll posts all over again. Why don't you go away like the others here
have told you to do?

You have been proven to be a liar, a troll, a kook and you have never
substantiated any claims you made to be a professional person or a
person of higher learning. You are a totally useless person.
Friendless, no spouse, or girl friend and you must be a miserable
person in life that the only thing you can do is create troll and
flame posts.

Pity is something you must crave yourself.

No one here is looking at anything you write, your posts (answers)
have mostly been stolen from others here, you have given documented
wrong answers to many here and on other groups, you have done nothing
of any value. Yeah you may think your untouchable in that ISP your
using. But Mr. Elector will get both FDN & EPIK and their new upstream
blocked via any decent ISP that can see your nothing but a TOS/AUP
violator.

You are in for quite a shock pretty soon. So keep troll posting and
wait for it to come.

People like you are a total waste of time and resources.

W.

Old July 10th 03, 05:26 AM
RTFM

typical profanity from elector deleted.

Go away elector. You didn't get metronid's point.

Old July 10th 03, 10:48 AM
Elector

"RTFM" :-) wrote in message ...

Go away LOSER (RTFM) your a PROVEN LIAR as well as the LOSER and a
TROLL.

Elector

Old July 12th 03, 12:13 PM
Elector

"Neon Green pka Jack" wrote in message
In ,
Elector owning the woke-up at to moan:
| "RTFM" :-) wrote in message

| Go away LOSER (RTFM) your a PROVEN LIAR as well as the LOSER and a
| TROLL.
|
| Elector

wish you pair would stop squabling... :-)

Hi Jack:

Ahh if only that was possible. I for the most part if you have read
the posts at Google going back many years have not been in these types
of flame wars. I have had maybe one or two in 10 years. This group is
open to all however and when its a non moderated group as the original
fellow that started this group wanted it, (he was a great guy) you get
the occasional Troll and news group pest. Sure you can ignore them but
the damage they cause with their troll posts as you know can cause
untold harm to the person seeking assistance.

What in most normal cases, the trolls ISP looks and monitors the
trolls post and then takes affirmative action. I said in a normal
situation or when the ISP is not either spam friendly or hosted via a
spam friendly upstream. In the case here I get the admins from both
the offenders ISP and the upstream telling me that they have talked
with their customer and the upstream is telling me they are going to
do action but in a little while. Well in that little while havoc can
ensue as you can see.

Then I have to remember that my ISP which I have been a customer of
for many years is aware of my activity as far as getting rid of the
sort of troll and kooks as I have done for many years. Although they
have remained silent they have no doubt looked at the troll posts and
evaluated that unlike the trolls ISP have seen that I was defending
and not the original attacker.

All well and good and life go's on. Now for a nice breakfast and out
to buy some new suits. have a lovely Saturday!

Elector

Old July 24th 03, 10:19 PM
*

They can't, they are married........

Old July 25th 03, 12:47 AM
RTFM

"*" wrote "They can't, they are married........"

Nope- but he seems to be dating Winnie. They make a cute couple.