P4p800 Deluxe, Sata Raid0 and Drive Image. Does it work??

Old October 21st 03, 10:36 AM
bert

Default P4p800 Deluxe, Sata Raid0 and Drive Image. Does it work??

I'm planning to set up a Sata raid0 with twoWD raptors 36Gb on a
P4p800 Deluxe.
Until now I used Partition Magic and Drive Image in a one drive ide
system. Is it possible to make a backup with Drive Image of this raid
the way I used to? Is a raid system accessable from a dos boot
diskette?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bert

Old October 22nd 03, 10:47 AM
Paul

I have just used Drive Image 7 to image my OS and Program Volume which is
made up of 2 x WD Raptors - seems to work just fine, but I haven't tried
"restoring" yet - hope I don't have to, it's just incase my RAID 0 gives
way.

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

Old October 23rd 03, 03:18 AM
Steve

With version 7 of Drive Image you will need to create a floppy disk with the
necessary drivers on it for the Intel Raid controller. On the CD that came
with your mobo there should be a "Makedisk.exe" file in the Intel folder
somewhere. When you boot to the DI 7 CD, you will have to hit the F6 key
just like you do when you are installing WinXP to let it know that you need
to install drivers for the IDE controller. You may also need to do the same
thing if you need access to the Promise controller.

I haven't tried it yet with version 5 of DI.

-Steve

Old October 23rd 03, 11:54 AM
Paul

Very helpful, thanks. Yes I'm intigued that DI7 can "image" an OS Drive
without having to do it in Dos mode or something. And yes I expected to
have to recreate my RAID 0's before Restoring - I have my "makediscs" for
both the ICH5R and Promise Fastrack carefully stored. Incidently as an
aside when I first built my system I had no problems other than one thing -
I couldn't invoke an F6 install for love nor money! After getting serious
experts to help me out, I traced the problem quite by chance to a new albeit
cheap Logitech keyboard which requires you to press an F-Lock key to get the
function keys to work!! Never in my life have I come accross anything like
that before. I wish I could boot up with the F-Lock activated like you can
with the Num-Lock but so far I have not found a way as there is nowt in the
software that came with the keyboard regarding this. Might help somebody

Cheers

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

news

Old October 24th 03, 03:00 PM
bert

Bert
Old November 10th 03, 01:16 AM
Don Mahony

NOTE: I do not work for Powerquest!

I am thoroughly impressed with PQ Drive Image 7.0 and how it can take
an image of a system that is running Windows.

I had a laptop with a 20 GB HD that I wanted to upgrade to a 60 GB.
The HD had three two partitions and three logical drives. I used DI
7.0 to back up each drive to CDs replaced the HD then restored the
system onto the new drive. It booted right away with no problem so I
used Partitionmagic to make two more drives and reloaded them with no
problem. Only difficulty encountered was I lost the copyrighted
protection on one of my programs.

Great software!

Don

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:54:55 +0100, "Paul"
wrote:

[...]

news