Evercase cases do not last for ever

Old April 10th 15, 07:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Evercase cases do not last for ever

I was shown one of these things - the power button was busted.
It has a spring made of clear plastic that also serves as a lightguide
from the LED.
Tried to get front panel off. 2 clips on one side, but the other looks
like 3 hooks. You can swing the panel out about 15 degrees no more.
God knows how they put it on. Yet the catalog refers to screwless
front panel for easy assembly. No user manual for download.
Really annoying thing is that this is a really heavy case.
Usually cheap nasty crap is light as a feather.
Old April 11th 15, 10:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

On Friday, April 10, 2015 at 6:03:00 PM UTC+8, Flasherly wrote:
They often are when extra cheap. I've only had one that's knocked me
out and cost me some real money -- an Antec all-aluminum. Rest...give
or take are OK to variously cut up and modify when needed.

Yeah, I have a lightweight Antec LANboy. The mainboard in it died, but
I kept it to put another board in someday.

Old April 11th 15, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Sat, 11 Apr 2015 02:16:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Yeah, I have a lightweight Antec LANboy. The mainboard in it died, but
I kept it to put another board in someday.

How about that. Mine's also a LanBoy. You're the first I've run into
who's told me he has one. I've had it so long, I cut a circular hole
in the side plexiglass for routing to the smaller CPU fans, a MB
generation prior -- for sub-1Ghz processor stuff, probably.)

Now, that whole side panel is off and I run it with its side open.
Never cared for the HD cage. An oddball orientation and mounting and
not so cool for heating up HDDs. Almost all SSD drives, tho, just one
600G for bulk storage. Almost all fanless, too, for that matter
(still run one in front of the HD cage, tho it's not doing all that
much).

Got a grapefruit sized CPU fan that almost outsizes the removed side
panel. A close fit if putting back on the side.

Rounded and brushed corners and overall fanish is great. Leaving all
the cables attached and flipping the whole thing to get to a part,
quick in and out, when needed is fantastic. Best case I've ever had,
and still looks almost new except for the precision hole I cut (it's
not a sloppy, hacked and rough-edged job).

(For its size, anyway -- everything's either mini or micro factored
now. Building "big" isn't big no more, not like it once was. Plus
everything -MBs and CPUs, notably- can tend to be overpriced now. Not
sure I'd especially care to drop any real money into present offerings
among cases.)