anybody getting dodgy e-mails to update your Coolermaster login?

Old September 6th 14, 03:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default anybody getting dodgy e-mails to update your Coolermaster login?

I got one stating that forum system was upgraded, so I should update login
information. When I hold mouse over the link it has another URL
starting with app.sendstream.com
So I did not click on link in e-mail. It was addressed to
"community member" instead of my name, so I always think not another
phishing attempt groan.
When I go to the real CM site and try to login, it claims that
my account does not exist!
So has somebody hacked the Coolermaster forum?
Old September 6th 14, 04:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe[_9_]

Whenever I get a dodgy/spammy email from a company, I simply click
"junk" and it's automatically deleted by Hotmail. If there ever
comes a time when I miss one of their important emails like order
confirmation or whatever, I will make an adjustment (like ordering
from another store). When I get a "please give me feedback" email
from a Fleabay merchant, I give them Neutral feedback asking them
not to use my email address for that purpose.

In other words... I see no reason to mess with dodgy emails from
companies.