Movie Problems

Old February 16th 07, 10:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ritual[_2_]

Default Movie Problems

I have a P4 2.4Ghz system with a generic video card (Cardex I think
they used to be called). According to Device Manager, the video card
is: NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 4400 AGP8X. The display for regular WinXP SP2
use is fine with latest drivers from NVIDIA.

My problem is when I play a movie. The picture is real dark and
****ty. Adjustments to NVIDIA Control Panel do not affect the video at
all. The framerate looks okay. On some videos the color depth look
diminished but that may be due to the source. The main problem is the
video from a movie, for example, looks too dark to see. Any ideas?

I'm thinking of buying a big flat panel to use for TV as well as
computer, as I got a cable modem and that has opened new doors. If I
can't even get the video to display correctly on my monitor (cheap
flat screen), I doubt it would look any better on my TV.

Help?

- Ritual
Old February 17th 07, 02:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Conor

In article , says...

[...]

If you're using Windows Media Player, alter the brightness and contrast
in there.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old February 17th 07, 02:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ritual[_2_]

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 02:11:17 -0000, Conor
wrote:

In article , says...

[...]

I've used the video players in Windows Media Player, WinAmp, and
PowerDVD. All show the same problem.

- Ritual
Old February 17th 07, 02:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Conor

In article , says...

If you're using Windows Media Player, alter the brightness and contrast
in there.

I've used the video players in Windows Media Player, WinAmp, and
PowerDVD. All show the same problem.

Talk about trying to get blood out of a stone...

YOU ADJUST THE BRIGHTNESS USING THE CONTROLS AVAILABLE IN WHATEVER
PROGRAM YOU'RE USING.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old February 17th 07, 05:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
goPostal

Ritual wrote in message ...
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 02:11:17 -0000, Conor
wrote:

In article , says...

[...]

I spent a LOT of time trying to fix this problem a while back and ended up
reinstalling to get rid of it. I literally tried everything I could to fix
it. The damndest thing about it was that the videos would play fine for a
few minutes after a reboot but quickly degraded to exactly the problem you
are explaining. I did drivers, card, codecs, players, bios, everything. Good
luck and if you ever get it, let me know.

Old February 17th 07, 08:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Ritual wrote:
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 02:11:17 -0000, Conor
wrote:

In article , says...
[...]

I guess you'll just have to start a thread like this :-)

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=7439

Maybe this forum would be a good place to hang out...

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=5754

And the Forceware manual documents how they think it works (PDF page 102 -
"Apply Color Changes To"). Probably a later version is available. This
is just the last one I got. I don't change drivers very often.

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/84...User_Guide.pdf

Paul