Dell A920 ink carts

Old February 25th 06, 12:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Dell A920 ink carts

My daughter recently purchased a second-hand Dell P4 that came with the
above referenced printer. I normally order my ink from PrintPal for my Canon
printer but am unable to find the Dell replacements listed. In reading
through this ng I see that the A920 is apparently a modified Lexmark unit
and am wondering if anyone has found it possible to substitute Lexmark
replacement carts to use in the A920.

Barring that, does anyone have any recommendations for purchase of the Dell
carts for the thing at reasonable prices from reputable on-line ink vendors?
A Google search turned up a zillion ink sellers but I'm not familiar with
any but PrintPal.

--
dvus

Old February 25th 06, 01:26 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

dvus wrote:

My daughter recently purchased a second-hand Dell P4 that came with the
above referenced printer. I normally order my ink from PrintPal for my Canon
printer

ANOTHER FOOL

but am unable to find the Dell replacements listed.

GOOD

In reading
through this ng I see that the A920 is apparently a modified Lexmark unit
and am wondering if anyone has found it possible to substitute Lexmark
replacement carts to use in the A920.

IT IS MODIFIED SO YOU HAVE TO USE DELL CARTS

Barring that, does anyone have any recommendations for purchase of the Dell
carts for the thing at reasonable prices from reputable on-line ink vendors?

THERE IS NONE

A Google search turned up a zillion ink

RELABELERS WHO WILL NOT TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE SELLING YOU. JUST LOOK
AT THEIR WEBSITES

Old February 25th 06, 07:26 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Barring that, does anyone have any recommendations for purchase of the Dell
carts for the thing at reasonable prices from reputable on-line ink vendors?
A Google search turned up a zillion ink sellers but I'm not familiar with
any but PrintPal.

Before you monkey around with the dell a920 do consider the high cost
of consumables, and the relativly low cost of a replacement printer.
IIRC this is one of those that the cost of ink is SO high that another
printer costing $100 would be cheaper after the first refill of OEM
ink. In the past i've mailed these pritners to One Dell Way Round
Rock Texas with no return address in the hopes they get the message
that they are not worth the cost of their ink.

If after consideration you stick with the dell... I have no direct
experence modifying the a920. Physicaly from my understanding you can
modify the printer with an x-acto knife to accept lexmark cartridges.
Whether or not the printer is electronicly keyed to "dells" version is
not something I personaly know.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...3 6dad5eea590

Should this interest you I would strongly sugest seeking a greater
authority than my self. I'm only aware that Dell buys their printers
from Lexmark, and some cartridges that are the same except for some
minor shape changes so you are forced to buy your ink from Dell.
Beyond that I personaly I avoid these printers.

Old February 25th 06, 08:26 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

tomcas wrote:

measekite wrote:

dvus wrote:

[...]

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOUR MOTHER

Old February 25th 06, 02:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Michael Grey wrote:
"dvus" wrote in message

My daughter recently purchased a second-hand Dell P4 that came with
the above referenced printer. I normally order my ink from PrintPal
for my Canon printer but am unable to find the Dell replacements
listed. In reading through this ng I see that the A920 is apparently
a modified Lexmark unit and am wondering if anyone has found it
possible to substitute Lexmark replacement carts to use in the A920.

Barring that, does anyone have any recommendations for purchase of
the Dell carts for the thing at reasonable prices from reputable
on-line ink vendors? A Google search turned up a zillion ink sellers
but I'm not familiar with any but PrintPal.

Staples may have them.

Thanks for the info.

--
dvus

Old February 25th 06, 02:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

zakezuke wrote:
dvus wrote:

Barring that, does anyone have any recommendations for purchase of
the Dell carts for the thing at reasonable prices from reputable
on-line ink vendors? A Google search turned up a zillion ink sellers
but I'm not familiar with any but PrintPal.

Before you monkey around with the dell a920 do consider the high cost
of consumables, and the relativly low cost of a replacement printer.
IIRC this is one of those that the cost of ink is SO high that another
printer costing $100 would be cheaper after the first refill of OEM
ink. In the past i've mailed these pritners to One Dell Way Round
Rock Texas with no return address in the hopes they get the message
that they are not worth the cost of their ink.

Heh, you must feel strongly to invest that kind of postage.

If after consideration you stick with the dell... I have no direct
experence modifying the a920. Physicaly from my understanding you can
modify the printer with an x-acto knife to accept lexmark cartridges.
Whether or not the printer is electronicly keyed to "dells" version is
not something I personaly know.

Interesting. Seems worth investigating, though. I doubt my daughter will
want to buy another printer unless this one is too expensive to maintain.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...3 6dad5eea590

Should this interest you I would strongly sugest seeking a greater
authority than my self. I'm only aware that Dell buys their printers
from Lexmark, and some cartridges that are the same except for some
minor shape changes so you are forced to buy your ink from Dell.
Beyond that I personaly I avoid these printers.

I agree, if it were mine I'd probably give it away. The group from which the
link you posted originated may be a good source for information of this
sort, thanks for that.

--
dvus

Old February 25th 06, 02:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

measekite wrote:
tomcas wrote:
measekite wrote:
dvus wrote:

[...]

Heh, a SHOUTING asshole at that! You even threw in a classic "mother"
insult!

As a troll, you're fairly pathetic, but I'm a little surprised to see your
kind in the "comp" hierarchy. Just out of curiosity, did you get laughed out
of one of the other hierarchies where the real trolls hang out, or are you
just a kid using Mommy's PC?

--
dvus