No Session-at-once on 90 min CDR's???

Old January 27th 04, 05:38 PM
SleeperMan

Default No Session-at-once on 90 min CDR's???

My friend asked me yesterday about this problem: He put in blank 90 min CDR,
started multisession disc, inserted a few files, hit burn and Nero said
error:" this disc can't be burned in session at once mode - do you want to
burn it in disc at once and close disc?"
Is it CDR's fault? (He didn't have any 74 or 80 min CDR's to try those,
too...shame on him...!)
???

Old January 27th 04, 08:20 PM
Mike Richter

SleeperMan wrote:
My friend asked me yesterday about this problem: He put in blank 90 min CDR,
started multisession disc, inserted a few files, hit burn and Nero said
error:" this disc can't be burned in session at once mode - do you want to
burn it in disc at once and close disc?"
Is it CDR's fault? (He didn't have any 74 or 80 min CDR's to try those,
too...shame on him...!)
???

To write more than 79:59:74 to a disc, it must be overburned. I believe
overburning is only possible in DAO; the TOC cannot point beyond
79:59:74 or its equivalent in data sectors since it cannot store numbers
any larger than that.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old January 28th 04, 06:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

SleeperMan wrote:

My friend asked me yesterday about this problem: He put in blank 90 min CDR,
started multisession disc, inserted a few files, hit burn and Nero said
error:" this disc can't be burned in session at once mode - do you want to
burn it in disc at once and close disc?"
Is it CDR's fault? (He didn't have any 74 or 80 min CDR's to try those,
too...shame on him...!)
???

There was one report that Nero wouldn't do multisession with 90 min
media. That is, Nero wouldn't do TAO with 90 min media. To find out
whether this is only Nero thing, have your friend download a trial
version of Gear software and try multisession with it:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/
(Suggesting Gear as it's supposed to be good at overburning.)
Old January 28th 04, 06:01 AM
smh

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

My friend asked me yesterday about this problem: He put in blank 90 min CDR,
started multisession disc, inserted a few files, hit burn and Nero said
error:" this disc can't be burned in session at once mode - do you want to
burn it in disc at once and close disc?"
Is it CDR's fault? (He didn't have any 74 or 80 min CDR's to try those,
too...shame on him...!)
???

snip

The issue is about Nero's handling of 90/99 min media. You should have
kept your words and STFU:

I have not used Nero
I don't know Nero at all

[...not use...not know...not write...]

I do not comment on what I don't know.

---------------------
What a Friggin' ****!
---------------------

Also, was Adrian Miller wrong about you, Mikey?
=======================
From: Adrian Miller
Subject: Sam needs to apologise to Mike now.
(was: Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?)
Date: 4/25/01

Unlike certain people he does not like to speculate on matters
that he does not have personal experience of.
=======================

Didn't Adrian Miller have reliable information then, Mikey?
=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Date: 8/2/01

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.
======================

--------------------------------------
Old January 28th 04, 03:53 PM
SleeperMan

typed:

. --------------------------------------

SleeperMan wrote:

My friend asked me yesterday about this problem: He put in blank 90
min CDR, started multisession disc, inserted a few files, hit burn
and Nero said error:" this disc can't be burned in session at once
mode - do you want to burn it in disc at once and close disc?"
Is it CDR's fault? (He didn't have any 74 or 80 min CDR's to try
those, too...shame on him...!)
???

There was one report that Nero wouldn't do multisession with 90 min
media. That is, Nero wouldn't do TAO with 90 min media. To find out
whether this is only Nero thing, have your friend download a trial
version of Gear software and try multisession with it:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/
(Suggesting Gear as it's supposed to be good at overburning.)

Thanks. I'll ask him as soon he gets back (he's away for a few days now). I
told him to try normal 80 min CDR's and see.

Old January 28th 04, 03:54 PM
SleeperMan

typed:

SleeperMan wrote:
My friend asked me yesterday about this problem: He put in blank 90
min CDR, started multisession disc, inserted a few files, hit burn
and Nero said error:" this disc can't be burned in session at once
mode - do you want to burn it in disc at once and close disc?"
Is it CDR's fault? (He didn't have any 74 or 80 min CDR's to try
those, too...shame on him...!)
???

To write more than 79:59:74 to a disc, it must be overburned. I
believe overburning is only possible in DAO; the TOC cannot point
beyond 79:59:74 or its equivalent in data sectors since it cannot
store numbers
any larger than that.

Mike

I agree, but total files were about less than 100M, so i must yet to find
out whether is Nero or something else.