M2N-E and Win7

Old October 17th 09, 10:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
DraggonFodder

Default M2N-E and Win7

I have win7 coming and am worried about motherboard drivers. I am
running XP so will have to wipe it out and start over. Should I
install the Vista drivers? If not, what drivers should I be getting
for the install.

John
Old October 18th 09, 03:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skipai Otter[_2_]

"DraggonFodder" wrote in message
I have win7 coming and am worried about motherboard drivers. I am
running XP so will have to wipe it out and start over. Should I
install the Vista drivers? If not, what drivers should I be getting
for the install.

Well, it's a Nforce 570 board so there is Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit)
drivers.

Win7 32bit.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win732_15.51.html

a.. Ethernet Driver (v73.14) WHQL
a.. Network Management Tools (v73.16) "Sedona"
a.. SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL
a.. SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL
a.. RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.30)
a.. SMBUS Driver (v4.74) WHQL
a.. SMU Driver (v1.71) WHQL
a.. Installer (v7.57)
a.. Audio Driver (v1.00.00.59)

And Win7 64bit

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win764_15.51.html

a.. Ethernet Driver (v73.14) WHQL
a.. Network Management Tools (v73.16) "Sedona"
a.. SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL
a.. SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL
a.. RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.30)
a.. SMBUS Driver (v4.74) WHQL
a.. SMU Driver (v1.71) WHQL
a.. Installer (v7.57)
a.. Audio Driver (v1.00.00.59)

So yes the board does have drivers already.

--
Skipai

Old October 18th 09, 03:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
andy

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:05:37 -0700 (PDT), DraggonFodder
wrote:

I have win7 coming and am worried about motherboard drivers. I am
running XP so will have to wipe it out and start over. Should I
install the Vista drivers? If not, what drivers should I be getting
for the install.

John

Get the chipset driver from nvidia:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win732_15.51.html.
Old October 18th 09, 07:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
DraggonFodder

wrote:
I have win7 coming and am worried about motherboard drivers. *I am
running XP so will have to wipe it out and start over. *Should I
install the Vista drivers? *If not, what drivers should I be getting
for the install.

John

Get the chipset driver from nvidia:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win732_15.51.html.

OK, I really feel silly about now. I went to Nvidia and totally
missed that. How about the sound max drivers?

John
Old October 18th 09, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skipai Otter[_2_]

wrote:
I have win7 coming and am worried about motherboard drivers. I am
running XP so will have to wipe it out and start over. Should I
install the Vista drivers? If not, what drivers should I be getting
for the install.

John

Get the chipset driver from nvidia:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win732_15.51.html.

OK, I really feel silly about now. I went to Nvidia and totally
missed that. How about the sound max drivers?

John

If that's built in should be included with the nforce drivers.

--
Skipai

Old October 19th 09, 08:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

wrote:
I have win7 coming and am worried about motherboard drivers. I am
running XP so will have to wipe it out and start over. Should I
install the Vista drivers? If not, what drivers should I be getting
for the install.
John

Get the chipset driver from nvidia:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win732_15.51.html.

OK, I really feel silly about now. I went to Nvidia and totally
missed that. How about the sound max drivers?

John

Would a Vista sound driver work for Win 7 ?
This one, for example, comes from the P5B download page.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...A_61016180.zip

Or you can browse here, for random versions, if you know how
the labeling scheme works. 6.10 then 1=32bit 2=64bit, 6180=release
7000+ release would likely be a Win7 one, if and when it exists.

( ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/mb/Driver/Audio/ADI/ )
( ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/misc/audio/ad1988/ )

You could also try downloading a driver from Microsoft, once your
copy of Win7 is installed. The AD1988 has been around long enough,
they might have something for it already. I'd try that first, then
if you still can't find a driver, browse the Asus stuff.

Just a wild guess,
Paul
Old October 20th 09, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Peter van der Goes[_2_]

"DraggonFodder" wrote in message
I have win7 coming and am worried about motherboard drivers. I am
running XP so will have to wipe it out and start over. Should I
install the Vista drivers? If not, what drivers should I be getting
for the install.

John

I had Windows 7 Ultimate x86 RTM running on an M2N-E. (Yes, legit RTM. I
have an MSDN subscription)
You'll find that just about everything you need will be on the install media
and will install automatically, including basic sound drivers.
If you have need of specialized OEM driver features, you'll be able to use
available Vista drivers with no problems.

FWIW, I replaced my M2N-E with a newer AM3 socket board to get full use of
my Phenom II CPU, not because of any Win 7 issues.

Old October 23rd 09, 04:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John Crawford

I installed windows 7 on this board and did not
--
John Crawford

Lead Me Not Into Temptation
I Can Find It Myself Thank You need anything
Old October 23rd 09, 08:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
DraggonFodder

On Oct 23, 11:56*am, "John Crawford" wrote:
* * * * I installed windows 7 on this board and did not
--
John Crawford

Lead Me Not Into Temptation
I Can Find It Myself Thank You need anything

OK, you installed win7 on this board and did not what???

John
Old October 23rd 09, 08:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John Crawford

Sorry about that. I did not have to load any driver files