Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ?

Old November 8th 07, 03:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ?

Hello,

I was just playing with somebody on multiplayer... like 1 v 1.

We started taking screenshots of each other for fun.

And I told him I saw him completely in black and he said no I see you just
fine in all colors and such.

And that's when I started to think maybe all the blackness is a bug ?

I heard one other player earlier in the night say he had this blackness
issue as well ?!

So maybe there is a driver issue or a bug issue.

(I didn't install the direct x9 that came with the game because it's already
installed.

Also I did not install punkbuster because I dont want that on my system )

Also when I turned on specular map and he run after me and he was in the
light I turned around and tried to take another screenshot and then Call of
Duty 4 crashed ?!

It says: Out of Disk space ? (It's installed on D But windows shows 117 of
500 GB free ?

HUH ?

Also outlook express could not save the screenshots from e-mail to disk ?

Maybe COD4 is having a memory leak/issue ? It also reloaded once because I
was experimenting with graphics earlier.. because multiplayer has different
graphics settings then single player.

It's getting late, but tomorrow I will post the blackness screenshots and
his good screenshots on my webdrive so that other people can take a look at
it... and I will investigate this issue some further.

Because not only are the characters looking very black, but grass and
containers and such as well.. really weird ?!

I thought it was shadows but I no longer think it's really normal ?

(I have pirated copy from the piratebay but I don't think that has anything
to do with it ? )

Hmmm really strange... will be interesting to get to the bottom of this.

I have two gtx 7900 512 MB cards. Dual video cards in game enabled... (Why
is it not on be default kinda strange ?) Issue was probably with single
video card as well.

The other dude has like a 7600 ? Don't know if it was gs or gtx or
whatever...

He had AMD dual core and me too.

So similiar systems.

Well first I gotta fix this out of disk space issue because otherwise I
can't save his screenshots of me to disk

And I gotta go sleep...

But there ya go folks !

For all those people wondering about the blackness issue you are not alone !
=D

Bye,
Skybuck

Old November 8th 07, 03:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
And I gotta go sleep...

But there ya go folks !

For all those people wondering about the blackness issue you are not alone
!

No one else has "the blackness issue". I think you are going blind... what
you get for using the FX5200 for so long.

Old November 8th 07, 03:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ? (Screenshots are UP !)

Hello,

Short story:

Folder A, How it should look like ? (Screenshots taking on Mike's computer)

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...wItShouldLook/

Folder B, The blackness issue ? (Screenshots taking on Skybuck's computer)

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...lacknessIssue/

Long story:

The out of disk space issue was solved quickly... and this is an interesting
issue (?) so I managed to put it onto my webdrive.

There are two folders. One folder has screenshots from a player nickname:
"Mike". (7600 graphics card, 1024x786 (I told mike to put on high
resolution... because 800x600 kinda sux in general me thinks hehe.)

First few screenshots are kind "fun" screenshots... but even here I think
the player is kinda in the shadow...

Screenshots 31 to etc... then somewhere in the middle of those I am in the
shadows and my skin is still clearly visible.

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...wItShouldLook/

And one folder has screenshots taken from own computer (two gtx 7900 512 MB
card) (Resolution 1920x1200)

Then on my own computer, there is lots of blackness !

(I haven't resetted my computer in two days or so... maybe bitcomet used to
much memory or something or maybe the single player campagne caused
problems... I am not sure what the problem is... I am not even sure if it is
a problem... it looks like it.
Tomorrow I shall try with a fresh reboot. Tonight the computer will download
gears of war though

Especially screenshot 19 and 20 show a weird blackness issue ? (Screenshot
20 has specular map enabled, which makes it a bit better but still too much
blackness it seems ?)

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...lacknessIssue/

However I will probably be playing call of duty 4 multiplayer because the
multiplayer is much better than I expected even with this blackness issue !
In other words: the multiplayer is pretty fricking awesome ! =D

Well I hope you enjoy the screenshots. I sure did... I loved it... yeah I am
gonna look at them some more.

This game is pretty beautifull even in multiplayer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations !!!!!

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 8th 07, 04:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

"First of One" wrote in message
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
And I gotta go sleep...

But there ya go folks !

For all those people wondering about the blackness issue you are not
alone !

No one else has "the blackness issue". I think you are going blind... what
you get for using the FX5200 for so long.

Hehe, you crazy *******.

Somebody wrote it as soon as I joined multiplayer for the first time !

I did notice it immediatly as well, the coincidence !

I have two 7900 GTX cards.

And I have screenshots to prove it !

The screenshots are now up !

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/CallOfDuty4/

CHECK IT OUT !!!!! =D

Game is awesome though !

Also check out other sub thread to read background information on my
computer... it's been running for two days non-stop, not sure if that has
anything to do with it...

Tomorrow after downloading gears of war I'll do a reboot To see if that
helps anything

Also I read something about install latest nvidia drivers or so Not sure
if that's gonna help

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a known issue by now Otherwise soon it's
gonna be

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 8th 07, 06:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Spudzilla

i had the same problem in bf2142 i turned off all shadows and ran a little
desktop program called
Gamma adjuster it seems to have fixed the problem for me , using the hokeys
.. The ones that nvidia have
with their drivers dont work with my 8800gts for some reason
I hope this helps

Old November 8th 07, 11:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ed Medlin

(I have pirated copy from the piratebay but I don't think that has
anything to do with it ? )

Hmmm really strange... will be interesting to get to the bottom of this.

Buy some software for a change will ya....... Stinkin' thief.
Also.......your little "dream machine" is getting to be an antique now.

Ed

Old November 8th 07, 01:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ? (Others are reporting it as well (in single player), Link 1)

Hello,

Today I shall try to investigate this issue a little further.

Gears of wars is still downloading, so I can't reset my computer yet... or I
should have to stop it... but I don't want to do that right now... so
Reboot/reset will have to wait 8 hours or so... otherwise I will try a
reboot tomorrow.

Anyway here is a link to somebody else who experienced the problem in single
player as well:

(I can't remember if I had the issue in single player... probably though)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/show....php?p=2645082

He/she writes:

"
ive tried the 163.71 drivers and the 163.75 drivers, neither seemed to fix
it.
any ideas?
"

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 8th 07, 01:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ? (Others are reporting it as well (in single player), Link 1, Follow up 7950GTX.)

Follow up:

Same dude on another link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=185877

He writes he has:

"
i have a 7950GTX and have used the 163.71 and 163.75 drivers, but neither
ones gets rid of the effect.
"

Seems issue with the more expensive cards ?!?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 8th 07, 01:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ? Suggested solution: Update drivers.

This dude writes:

"Also, if any of you guys are getting all black models or muffed up shadows
(guns, grass), update to the newest Nvidia drivers. That resolved it for me.
"

He doesn't say which version I updated to.

Well I can't try it yet... still downloading... I could stop bitcomet but
don't want to yet... or maybe I will later on LOL.

First I need to figure out if there are new drivers otherwise it would be
useless ofcourse.

So I go see if there are new drivers.

Latest version for Windows XP 64 bit is:

163.75

I think I have 163.71 installed.

So that could be the problem.

Ok I have seen enough... I shall stop bitcomet and I shall try a driver
update and then play a little bit too see if that resolves the issue

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 8th 07, 01:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Neh that's not the problem I think..

Adjusting gamma would make everything to bright. (That's only necessary for
old/dark/bad monitors or sunlight shining or something )

It must be a bug !

I am gonna try newer drivers and see if that helps and then I ll report back

Bye,
Skybuck.

Call of Duty and 4.10 liam Ati Videocards 10 November 26th 04 12:24 PM
Call of Duty ok. Skybuck Flying Nvidia Videocards 0 May 13th 04 11:01 AM
Call of Duty David Priessman Nvidia Videocards 2 February 22nd 04 01:21 PM
Call of Duty DaveL Nvidia Videocards 12 February 6th 04 08:15 AM
CALL OF DUTY Squiggle Nvidia Videocards 0 December 15th 03 02:54 PM