DVI KVM switch.... Is there such an animal ?

Old February 13th 07, 04:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Alex

Default DVI KVM switch.... Is there such an animal ?

Hi. I have two (rather expensive) 21" monitors, both hooked up to my
desktop. I plan to buy a laptop, which only has a 15.4" display (oh,
tempora !).

I would like so share one of the big monitors with my laptop (which
HAS a DVI output), while at the same time keeping it hooked to the
desktop as well. In other words, I would need a video switch into
which I would plug a DVI cable from the desktop and a DVI cable from
the laptop, as inputs, and which would have a DVI output going to one
of the monitors.

a. Is this possible with what can be found on the (amateur) market ? I
will not spent 1000$ on a professional-grade KVM, and I also will not
buy *ANOTHER* big monitor just for the laptop. Crawling each time
under the desk to switch the cables manually is not an option,
either :-)))))

b.Is there any other solution, please ?

Thanks a lot.
Alex

Old February 13th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Bennett Price

Lots of possiblities - google dvi a-b switch

http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ext-adc-241.html
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/ce/39...pict25346.html
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...2164&CatId=597

Basic Switch rbt General 10 November 10th 06 01:20 AM
Brocade help: can't see drives through only one switch Ben Storage & Hardrives 7 April 7th 05 07:55 AM
Question on ATX Power Switch Pins and Case Switch? [email protected] General 7 March 24th 05 07:09 PM
FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 1 March 15th 05 05:50 AM
KVM Switch - for PS2 2-Port Steve Schooler Homebuilt PC's 3 May 28th 04 06:47 PM