Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ?

Old November 8th 07, 02:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ? Suggested solution: Update drivers.

Ok,

I posted this in a seperate thread as well, because it's a quite serious
bug:

"
Hello,

I just installed the latest NVidia drivers for Windows XP x64 Pro edition:

ForceWare 163.75 for my two 7900 GTX cards working in SLI.

I start the game, and start a multiplayer match.

At first the game looks ok, and only a little bit of grass is black, and
when I move into the shadows my weapons become more or less black.

Then I switch to another window with ALT-TAB.

And then I switch back to the game !

And voila ! Black grass, black trees, black models ! It seems to be an
ALT-TAB bug (as well?!) ?!?!?!

Here are new screenshots showing before and after the alt-tab.

Before alt-tab:

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...g/shot0021.jpg

After alt-tab:

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...g/shot0023.jpg

That's a really nasty bug PEOPLE !

FIX FIX FIX FIX ?!?! Don't tell me it's an hardware bug ?!?! OH-OH
?!?!?!?????

Bye,
Skybuck :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"

Bye,
Skybuck

Old November 8th 07, 03:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'First of One' wrote:
| No one else has "the blackness issue". I think you are going blind... what
| you get for using the FX5200 for so long.
_____

Perhaps if he takes off his sunglasses?

Phil Weldon

Old November 8th 07, 03:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'Ed Medlin' wrote:
| Buy some software for a change will ya....... Stinkin' thief.
| Also.......your little "dream machine" is getting to be an antique now.
_____

It can't be his 'future's so bright' he 'wears his sunglasses at night'...
can it?

Phil Weldon

t...

Old November 8th 07, 03:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ? Solution: Alt-Tab multiple times to solve it !

Hello,

I just found a solution:

Try using alt-tab keys or try via the taskbar to switch back from
windows-to-game-to-windows-to-game multiple times.

After a couple of times it works, in sli mode too ! - The graphics are
restored ! No more black stuff !

Cool/nice !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 8th 07, 08:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ? Blackness remains

Unfortunatly lots of black stuff remains.

So it's not a real solution.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 9th 07, 12:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ed Medlin

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
'Ed Medlin' wrote:
| Buy some software for a change will ya....... Stinkin' thief.
| Also.......your little "dream machine" is getting to be an antique now.
_____

It can't be his 'future's so bright' he 'wears his sunglasses at night'...
can it?

Phil Weldon

Most likely.... It irks the hell out of me to listen to someone
complain about software they have stolen. I guess Skybuck is Skybuck and
nothing ever changes.......... As long as he has been posting he has to be
in his 20s or older.......... I wonder if he will ever grow up and do
something useful?

Ed

Old November 9th 07, 01:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
tony h

Most likely.... It irks the hell out of me to listen to someone
complain about software they have stolen. I guess Skybuck is Skybuck and
nothing ever changes.......... As long as he has been posting he has to be
in his 20s or older.......... I wonder if he will ever grow up and do
something useful?

Ed

good point, it's a bit like me stealing a car, and then complaining that one
of the electric windows doesnt work. i'm surprised that no software company
follows up on his admissions of theft, he's not exactly hard to find..
commercial software is overpriced (which is why i've moved to dual boot
linux), but if everyone steals it, nobody is going to bother making it (then
i suppose he'll have nothing to complain about)

Old November 10th 07, 10:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Gears of War review the first 5 minutes.

On a side note I downloaded and installed Gears of War... the install the
pretty long (decompression).

I don't like it's menu it's too bloody... and the game plays lagishly
probably because of too high graphics settings, loading or the fade effect,
nor do I really I like it.

I played it like 5 minutes and already got pretty bored and sick of it...
it's not really a true first person shooter because you play it in third
person mode... the enemies are kinda dumb/stupid like monsters ? Do you
believe in monsters ? No explanation is given at the start of the game...
what's going on ? why is there a war ? What are these monsters ? Why are you
playing in a temple like place ? The soldiers seem a bit too much exagerated
like big body armor... and the main character seems one depressed
mother****er and the others depressed too... Do I wanna play a depressed
game at this point ?

I like/love Call of Duty 4 though...it has nice butter smooth graphics even
in multiplayer and the game makes sense.

Further thing about Gears of War game:

Also the controls in gears of war are kinda messed up... everything plays a
bit sticky... like getting stuck to walls.. can't decently jump over
thing... gotta press space twice.. it's just wacky and not a typical
shooter... it seems like some console-****ed-up-shooter for first
impression. Maybe if I play it for a while I might get used to it... but the
first 5 minutes were kinda boring.
Probably not... I still have a hang over from Call of Duty 4 LOL.

I also tried training missing I think but I couldn't shoot the door it
didn't open ? huhh ? wacky... it said shoot bars or ****ing something it
didn't work weird.

First time I started it up it hang... it bitches about amd drivers and I
have to make choices in the menu before I can even play... kinda crappy
****..

I just wanna start the game, look at some ****ing american company logo's,
hit a button and start playing right away without stupid **** getting in the
way lol. But now maybe I am nit picking a little bit

I'll tell you why it was boring:

First 5 minutes:

Company Logo's.

Prisons.

Monsters.

Monsters on gates.

Flies in cell.

Soldiers in though suits.

Stupid voice/kiddy dialog.

Stupid jokes.

Depressed main character.

Crappy lara croft like puzzles... Like how to open the ****ing door.

Crappy lara croft like movement... like stick again walls, and behind cement
boxes or whatever.

Helichopter pick up. Seen that in Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 4, and god
knows what else

Spider coming out of the floor. Seen that in Quake 4, and spiders in Doom 3
as well. And spiders in I don't know how many games LOL. Doom 1 had a
Spider/Brain as end boss.

There was a chick in the helichopter which kinda surpised me ?! Didn't know
there was a chick in it.

I was kinda afraid the chick would get SHOT and that the soldiers would
become even MORE DEPRESSED AND COMMIT SUICIDE.

Actually that would have been a real relief then I could have ditched the
game in the waste basket.4

And the ****er says... "no
mister-4-stars-on-your-neck-general-what-the-****-are-you-doing-on-the-battlefield?:
I am not doing it for you". Players/me thinks then what the **** are you
doing it for ?

Questions, Questions, Questions and stupidity.

The little girly in the chopper could get raped any second by the monster
and she says:

"Mr-General-I-Would-Be-Smart-Good-To-Leave-Now".

Since when do generals follows orders for little ****ing bitches which are
even a lieutenant ? LOL...

So I guess I am saying:

Bad story, depressed story, stupid dialogs.

And the way it plays is horrible:

The blood is black/reddisch/cartoony looking ? Is that a bug as well or by
design ?

In other words it was:

Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Stupid, Borgin, Stupid, Annoying, Sickning,
AND BORING.

The graphics were pretty depressed as well, not particular colorfull.

There was some blooming effect, and somethings falling over like I have
never seen that before NOT.

Based on these 5 minutes.

Choosing between Call of Duty 4 and Gears of Wars would be real easy:

Gear of War into the waste basket. Call of Duty 4 on the top shelf

I also died like 4 or 5 times or so... in gears of war the first 5 minutes
NOT FUNNY.

Had to "seek" shelter by pressing SPACE for god sakes...

Could not even use C to crouch behind things... WEIRD.

Finally the game bitched about not being able to save progress because not
logged in with profile ?

How ****ing lame is that ?

I did seem to have some checkpoints during play though.

Those were kinda boring as well.

The same scenes would play over and over and over again. I ALREADY SAW THOSE
AND DONT NEED TO SEE THEM AGAIN THANK YOU.

Once is more than enough. If I really want to see something again I ll
restart level or so.

Disappointing, Disappointing and Disappointing at least the first 5 minutes.

I kinda expected it, but didn't think it would be this bad.

I can't believe it's this bad.

So many I play it a little bit more later on to see if it gets any better.

Actually Call of Duty 4 had quite a boring first level as well.

The ship level was kinda boring.

I did have some special things though... Like a moving camera... like you
had to walk diagonal and a sinking **** and water etc..

But combat wise it was boring.

The rest however was cool and exciting/interesting/fun.

So I don't know when yet but later today I shall try it again.. or maybe if
COD4 multiplayer is not working anymore or so.

For now I want to try and get the secondary shotgun away in call of duty 4
multiplayer.

Because the first shotgun in call of duty 4 completely sucks... I can't even
kill somebody lieing on the floor 3 meters from me ?!?!?!?!

It's like they programmed it to miss on purpose on anything that's farther
away then 3 meters.

It's the only weapon in call of duty 4 that really disappoints me... the
rest is pretty good !.

So I hope the second shotgun is better.. probably not..

BUNCH OF ASSHOLES !

NEVER EVER **** UP A SHOTGUN LIKE THAT !

SHOTGUNS RULE SINCE THE INVENTION OF DOOM !

EVERY SHOOTER NEEDS A GOOOD GOD DAMN ASS KICKING SHOTGUN !

How the **** they could mess that up is beyond my capabilities of
understanding ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck

Old November 10th 07, 12:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default CoD4: Second shotgun rocks, automatic/quick fire

Ok,

I shot got the new shotgun in Call of Duty 4.

The new shotgun rocks at least for close range.

Haven't tried long range yet.

It has a fast automatic reload, combine that with quicker hands perk and
deep impact and it rocks.

The reload is then lightining fast as well.. dont know how much deep impact
plays a roll..

Later I will try long range as well but for now short range.

It absolutely rocks for short range.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Opponents dont stand a chance lol atleast the newbies lol.

Bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.: I am now a captain !

Old November 10th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Too much blackness in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer ? SOLVED / FIXED ! WinXPx64 169.04 Beta drivers fix it.

Hello,

There are many people now that have this issue.

One of them tried the following driver:

Nvidia ForceWare 169.04 Beta drivers (for Windows XP x64)

and he said it fixed the issue.

I have now also installed these drivers, and the issue is fixed it seems, NO
MORE BLACKNESS WIEEEE, I did not remove the previous ones, nor did I do a
reboot.

I just downloaded them and installed them over the old ones.

And apperently I think the installer simply removes old driver and
immediately installs new drivers and everything just goes fine.

Only thing I had to do was re-enable SLI.

Hopefully the drivers are stable and the issue does not return !

If the issue does return I ll report back otherwise consider it solved !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Call of Duty and 4.10 liam Ati Videocards 10 November 26th 04 12:24 PM
Call of Duty ok. Skybuck Flying Nvidia Videocards 0 May 13th 04 11:01 AM
Call of Duty David Priessman Nvidia Videocards 2 February 22nd 04 01:21 PM
Call of Duty DaveL Nvidia Videocards 12 February 6th 04 08:15 AM
CALL OF DUTY Squiggle Nvidia Videocards 0 December 15th 03 02:54 PM