COH: Opposing Fronts, Can't play level 8/last level of german campagne ?

Old October 6th 07, 02:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Opposing Fronts, Can't play level 8/last level of german campagne ?

Oh well,

Skybuck's Guide to play COH Opposing Fronts online via hamachi/lan:

(Using proycon release works with this guide):

1. Use Deamon Tools.

2. Use Yasu

3. Add following lines to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file:

127.0.0.1 cohlive-1.quazal.net
127.0.0.1 cohlive.quazal.net

4. Make sure WMI and other Windows XP services are running.

Order of starting programs:

1. Deamon Tools

2. Mount mds

3. Yasu

4. Cloack.

5. Company of Hereos (use original executables, no cracks !)

6. Go to multiplayer.

7. Go to lan.

Host or join a game.

I have seen others use the flt release as well, possibly with a new crack on
game copy world.

I haven't tested this but it worked for them.

Take care and have fun.

Later I might write a "full review" which includes multiplayer experience.

Personally I like the artillery, but maybe it's a bit over-represented... it
might turn the game into an artillery game only...

I am not sure yet though... So far we are all newbies and most newbies
complain a bit about that as being lame.

I myself don't see it as a real problem... simply take out enemy artillery
anyway one can... or try to hide... possibly in bunkers or so.

Newbies just lazy I guess

I do miss sniper possiblity for british... it does have it but it costs
ammo. (and no camouflage so spieing not really possible... but then ofcourse
it has other spying possibility with special campagne mode: commando's, but
what if one isn't that hmmm ? for 1 v 1 no more spieing oh well to early to
tell really)

More reviewing later on.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 6th 07, 02:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Little addition to make guide complete:

0. Also use hamachi 1.0.1.5 as I already mentioned otherwise can't host
and/or join games

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 6th 07, 06:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
tony h

....or just buy the game, allowing the software companies the money to pay
their workforce (though i do agree that games are overpriced).

Old October 8th 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Also some people seem to be having problems:

Additional tip:

+ Try starting WMI service in XP/Administrative Tools/Services

If that doesn't help try starting other services as well...

Those might be necessary to make it work.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 8th 07, 02:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Ok, I made a list of running services:

Application Experience Lookup Service
COM+ Event System
COM+ System Application
Cryptographic Services
DCOM Server Process Launcher
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Event Log
Logical Disk Manager
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness (NLA)
NVIDIA Display Driver Service
Plug and Play
Protected Storage
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Removable Storage
Secondary Logon
Shell Hardware Detection
Smart Card
System Event Notification
Terminal Services
Themes
Windows Audio
Windows Management Instrumentation
Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions
Windows Time
Windows User Mode Driver Framework

There ya go folks.

Make sure to have these running and it should work.

Some were set to manual, so to automatic...

I don't think that matters much... just make sure they are running after
boot

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 8th 07, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kevin Weaver

Which services run is different with every machine. If say he has a app
running that you don't or has added something.

To give anyone a list of running apps is worthless.
Just a thought!

Old October 8th 07, 05:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

When I terminated some process the validation failed.

It could have been a service I terminate I am not sure.

Some people have solved problems by turning on some services.

So this list could help people.

At least it can't hurt =D

If it helps, okidokie if not good try

In another words it's worth a shot... especially for people with validation
issue's.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 8th 07, 10:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
tony h

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

...Troll.

xxx

Old October 8th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Also get latest patch for the game.

Some have reported unable to join games without the patch.

As one can see many many many things need to be done to get it working

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 9th 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Finally I wrote a little guide

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/COHOF/

Bye,
Skybuck.

Ink level G.Gordon Printers 1 October 6th 06 03:31 AM
Iam play FarCry on the hardest level GOD FOR GIVE ME :) We Live For The One We Die For The One Ati Videocards 4 May 1st 04 06:53 AM
What is: block-level and file-level Major Blunts Storage & Hardrives 7 February 24th 04 08:41 AM
Can low level format but not High Level Chukyo Homebuilt PC's 4 December 31st 03 11:55 PM
Epson C82 Stylus printer - Ink level indicator - True level or estimate? [email protected] Printers 4 August 1st 03 10:44 AM