Presario 7594 memory upgrade problems

Old April 6th 07, 05:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default Presario 7594 memory upgrade problems

Ok, I installed the PIII 933, and that works as well as can be
expected, however I have a problem with the ram upgrade.
I have a 256MB SDRAM, 32x64 PC133 168 Pin chip, and it doesn't work.
What is up with that? I don't even make it to the bios during boot
with this chip in. If I stick in the crummy 64MB chip in with it, it
boots, but reconizes only 64MB.

Thanks guys,
Dana

Old April 6th 07, 06:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
HH

Compaq specifies low density PC100 memory for the 7594. How many chips are
on the DIMM? Low density PC133 might work, but it has to be low density.

HH

ups.com...

Old April 6th 07, 06:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

On Apr 6, 12:27 pm, "HH" wrote:
Compaq specifies low density PC100 memory for the 7594. How many chips are
on the DIMM? Low density PC133 might work, but it has to be low density.

HH

wrote in message

ups.com...

Ok, I installed the PIII 933, and that works as well as can be
expected, however I have a problem with the ram upgrade.
I have a 256MB SDRAM, 32x64 PC133 168 Pin chip, and it doesn't work.
What is up with that? I don't even make it to the bios during boot
with this chip in. If I stick in the crummy 64MB chip in with it, it
boots, but reconizes only 64MB.

Thanks guys,
Dana- Hide quoted text -

What is concidered low density? Well, this chip is single sided. I
also tried a double sided chip that has 9 chips, and that was a 128MB
chip.

Old April 6th 07, 07:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Thanks guys,
Dana- Hide quoted text -

What is concidered low density? Well, this chip is single sided. I
also tried a double sided chip that has 9 chips, and that was a 128MB
chip.- Hide quoted text -

Ok, looking at the 256MB stick of SDRAM, all 8 of the chips are on one
side. The 64MB chip is the same with 8 on one side as well.

Old April 7th 07, 01:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

The 256MB stick is very likely high density.

An SDRAM with 9 chips has ECC, which is not compatible with this system.

.... Ben Myers

Old April 7th 07, 04:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
HH

Agree. A 256MB low density DIMM should have 8 chips on each side of the
DIMM/ At least that's the most common configuration.
Here is a link to Crucial memory guaranteed to be compatible:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...=Presario+7594

HH

Old April 8th 07, 03:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Adman

I wish I knew the answer to your question. I have a 5009 with kind of the
same problem. I have three 128 sticks in now and can't add a 256 either.
Same low density DIMM. Won't get to the bios either. I hope someone has an
answer for you because it would probably help me as well.