A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » System Manufacturers & Vendors » Compaq Computers
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

"""Plez-Help"""Req. Files or OS Read Inside

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 30th 05, 03:15 AM
external usenet poster

Default """Plez-Help"""Req. Files or OS Read Inside

I have a Compaq Presario 5000 ( Model 5BW130 ) I formated and reinstalled the windows 98se from a second original partition
that was on the hard drive now the computer when booted up might stay on 5-20 min. then it will reboot and stay on again for another
5-20 min and reboot from what I've read the original restore cd put settings and files in the registy and operating system to prevent this
I've updated all the drivers and what they call softpaq updates but it still keeps rebooting also put in another 15gb hard drive with win98se
whitch reboots about as fast as it get loaded I would like to know if anyone would have the restore cd they could upload for me or know or
have files i need and the registry setting
Thanks For Your Help