This Guy Needs Some Help...

Old May 3rd 05, 05:36 PM
Kevin Childers

Default This Guy Needs Some Help...

From: "M. Haseeb Iqbal"
Subject: [CompaqProblems] Compaq Presario X1000 problem
Date: Monday, May 02, 2005 1:39 AM

At first it was ON last night, I was doing some of the house hold
works. All on a sudden I heard a Beep then looked into the screen, that
was totally blank. But the other LEDs were ON. I rebooted and could see
only the power LEDs. But still nothing on the screen. Even the harddisk
LED was OFF. During power on, the HDD LEDs blinks a little while then
stops. Even pressing any keys, doesn't make any difference.

FYI: I repartitioned it using Partition Magic and installed Window 2003
Strd on another partition. It was working fine after that for long. I
installed spy Bot, Tried to install Oracle 9i(though failed).
But I was using normal internet and email and chat softwares after all
these and all were smooth.

Since I had it, it was sitting on my computer desk, i didn't even carry
it.

Donno if something major happend :-(

Yahoo! Groups Links

* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Old May 8th 05, 07:06 PM
thefriend

Sound like a possible mother board problem.
Could also be memory?
could have bad HD,but if so you would still get somthing on screen.
Or CPU problem. That’s the bad stuff
check monitor also

find out if you could reset bios on system board.
reseat mamory
cpu
hdrive cables.
do you get an amber light on monitor?

It is unlikely that the software things you did have anything to do with
what happend.