Can I get a recovey number w/o serial number?

Old April 25th 04, 02:57 PM
Dr John

Default Can I get a recovey number w/o serial number?

A friend has a Presario 5630. I am trying to d/l it for her but don't
have her serial number. I am trying to get a hold of her to get it.
In the mean time, are there alternative locations other than
http://www.dewaldsr.com ? I can't get enough bandwidth there.

TIA

Dr. John

Old April 26th 04, 04:04 AM
HH

To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with Windows
Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
HH

Old April 26th 04, 11:05 AM
Dr John

Thanks, but the Compaq site says it has one. I don't understand. Do
you know what they are offering?

"HH" wrote:

To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with Windows
Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
HH

.. .

Old April 27th 04, 12:34 AM
Dr John

The Compaq link turns out to be one to order the CD. I couldn't tell
until I got the serial number. It does confirm there is a recovery CD
available.
http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp

It is available for download at:
http://www.dewaldsr.com

The download is so slow it times out part way through.

"HH" wrote:

Post the URL to the download.
HH

.. .

"HH" wrote:

To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with Windows
Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
HH

.. .

Old April 27th 04, 02:47 AM
HH

Just get the CD. It's $10. including postage. FYI, Unless the Compaq folders
are still on the D:System_sav partition, the recovery CD will not restore
the system.
HH

"Dr John" wrote in message
The Compaq link turns out to be one to order the CD. I couldn't tell
until I got the serial number. It does confirm there is a recovery CD
available.
http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp

It is available for download at:
http://www.dewaldsr.com

The download is so slow it times out part way through.

"HH" wrote:

Post the URL to the download.
HH

.. .

"HH" wrote:

To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with

Windows
Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
HH

.. .

Old April 27th 04, 11:19 AM
HH

The S/N is on a white barcode sticker on the back of the PC. It is 12-digits
alphanumeric. You also can call Compaq at 800-841-2761 for
Recovery/QuickRestore CDs.
HH

"Dr John" wrote in message
The Compaq link turns out to be one to order the CD. I couldn't tell
until I got the serial number. It does confirm there is a recovery CD
available.
http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp

It is available for download at:
http://www.dewaldsr.com

The download is so slow it times out part way through.

"HH" wrote:

Post the URL to the download.
HH

.. .

"HH" wrote:

To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any

Compaq
Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with

Windows
Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
HH

.. .

Old April 27th 04, 12:00 PM
Dr John

That's my plan. I was hoping to avoid the shipping time.

"HH" wrote:

Just get the CD. It's $10. including postage. FYI, Unless the Compaq folders
are still on the D:System_sav partition, the recovery CD will not restore
the system.
HH

"Dr John" wrote in message
.. .
The Compaq link turns out to be one to order the CD. I couldn't tell
until I got the serial number. It does confirm there is a recovery CD
available.
http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp

It is available for download at:
http://www.dewaldsr.com

The download is so slow it times out part way through.

"HH" wrote:

Post the URL to the download.
HH

.. .

"HH" wrote:

To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with

Windows
Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
HH

.. .