Need to Replace Hard Drive - Presario 7470

Old April 25th 04, 06:37 PM
doS

"Steve" wrote in message
. ..
I need to replace the existing (the original) 30 GB hard drive in my
Presario Model 7470, purchased in April 2000.
1. What kind of drive do I need to purchase and what restrictions are

there
on the drive?

Any modern drive will do, make sure you set to cable select.

I think the drive is an IDE drive, but I don't know what the
system ROM version is.

2. Can anyone suggest the lowest cost source for the hard drive - any
internet firms stand out?

3. Will the Quick Restore CDs reinstall to the new hard drive?

Yes.

4. Do I format the new drive first, or will QR do that?

The QR cd set will do it.

5. Any other points to consider?

Sorry to ask such "dumb questions!"

Thanks for all the replies to my earlier message (
)
about the drive failing. They were, as always, very helpful!

Steve

Old April 25th 04, 11:02 PM
Howard Kaikow

Use www.pricegrabber.com to seek best prices.

I usually but at www.provantage.com, they are usually among the lowest
price.
Sometimes www.buy.com aggressively prices particular items.

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
"Steve" wrote in message
. ..
I need to replace the existing (the original) 30 GB hard drive in my
Presario Model 7470, purchased in April 2000.
1. What kind of drive do I need to purchase and what restrictions are

there
on the drive? I think the drive is an IDE drive, but I don't know what the