Step by step guide needed ...please help?

Old April 1st 04, 02:31 AM
Earl F. Parrish

Default Step by step guide needed ...please help?

wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:25:04 -0500, "Tom Scales"

wrote:

OK, these instructions assume you have backed up everything you
need to back
up, as it will wipe out your hard drive. There are many ways,
this is just
the easiest.

Go to www.bootdisk.com

Download a Windows 98SE boot disk image and follow the
instructions to
create a boot disk.

Boot from the boot disk with the CD in the CD drive. Change to
the CD drive
(either D: or Q. Change to the Win98 directory and type Setup
and hit
enter.

Follow the instructions.

Tom

Thanks Tom.....
The cd I have is for windows 95, not 98.........can I download win
98
from anywhere ...I have a cd writer etc.?
thanks again,

Joe

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:58:49 -0500, "Tom Scales"

wrote:

On what model computer? It makes a pretty big difference.

Tom
wrote in message
news Hi, I need to change from windows nt,...to windows 95. I have
a floppy
and cd for the win 95. Can anyone give me a step by step
guide to
format and re-install....I'm a newbie, and need help with
each step.
thanks...... JM

Tom , thanks for helping...it's a compaq deskpro
2000.....m6200/1620..., with pentium 11 processor......can you
help....? thanks,

Joe

Run Smartdrv before you run Setup from the CD or the file copying
will take forever. The Windows 95 must be a full version or you
will need your Windows 3.x floppy disks to prove eligibility for the
upgrade. The installation will read from up to seven of the floppy
disks before it will continue. Make sure you have them all.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Old April 5th 04, 10:20 AM

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:42:23 -0500, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

Doesn't matter. The Win95 boot disk doesn't support CD access. The Win98
boot disk does.

Tom,
I got it working , with your help. Thanks again for everything....and
sorry I took a while to get back to thank you,...I haven't been
on-line for a few days.
Kind regards,
Joe

Boot from the Win98 boot disk to install Win95
.. .
wrote:

[...]

.. .