Epson 820/830 left for two weeks no printing

Old August 26th 03, 12:42 AM
hm

Default Epson 820/830 left for two weeks no printing

Hello, I just want to add my own experience with my new Epson 830. I
haven't printed for two weeks on this printer as I've been printing
tons black text on the laser instead. Last night, I started the
printer to test for clogging and also to print a party group photo.

First, as usual, the printer went through a head cleaning run when the
print job was sent. I noticed a few streaks of banding which indicates
clogging in the ink head nozzle check. I ran this again and the next
one was slightly better. So I printed two small test prints and they
were fine.

Lastly, I printed a fullsize borderless A4 party group photo and it
came out in 7 minutes, perfect and not the slightets banding visible.
I think all the printing before cleared up the nozzles that may have
clogged.

But this means that this Epson really must be used regularly, and this
experience shows me that I can probably only go a max of 1 or 2 weeks
before it clogs up badly. I had pushed the ink head to the side BTW,
and unplugged the printer two weeks ago.

If it weren't because of this printer's very affordable price and 6
colors, I would have bought a Canon i850 instead. But this Epson just
offers the best photo quality in its price range, simply gorgeous!