Canon 1850 print from DOS?

Old August 25th 03, 07:38 PM
Cari

Default Canon 1850 print from DOS?

If you're using XP or 2000 which theoretically have no DOS, you can print
from an old DOS program using Bruce Sanderson's article at

http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm

Cari
www.coribright.com

"Angelo Campanella" wrote in message
Can the Canon i850 print from dOS programs operating from the
Command prompt (like the good old days?)?

Angelo Campanella
--
--------- www.CampanellaAcoustics.com ---------

"I have simply studied carefully whatever I've undertaken, and
tried to hold a reserve that would carry me through." - Charles
A. Lindbergh.

"America is an experiment to be conducted by every generation."
Washington, Madison and Lincoln.

Old August 26th 03, 04:44 AM

Angelo Campanella wrote:

Can the Canon i850 print from dOS programs operating from the Command
prompt (like the good old days?)?

Angelo Campanella

Angelo,

I haven't been able to get it to work. I saw a reference elsewhere in
this NG to a freeware program entitled DOS Print, Ver. 1.71. It
supposedly takes care of the problem for you. I downloaded it but
haven't installed or tried it yet. You might do a search of this NG in
Google for DOS Print--I'm sorry I don't have the URL handy.

Lakeside

Reply to (Formerly Rancherjim)

Old August 27th 03, 08:22 PM
coinman1

The freeware program you need is called "dosprn.exe" V1.71
Download it from http://sac-ftp.gratex.sk/utiltext15.html

Old August 28th 03, 11:16 PM
Davide Guolo

coinman1,

The freeware program you need is called "dosprn.exe" V1.71
Download it from http://sac-ftp.gratex.sk/utiltext15.html

dosprn is not Freeware. It is Shareware. The official web site is
www.dosprn.com
If interested, You may also have a look at Printfil:
http://www.guolo.com/printfil (I'm the author)

Regards
Davide.