Epson c82 envelope printing

Old August 8th 03, 12:23 AM
deep

Default Epson c82 envelope printing

HI
I just replaced my epson 600 with an epson c82 and find that it wants to
print envelopes on the left side instead of the right. That doesn't work
because the envelope needs to be guided on both edges. I've contacted epson
with no luck. I am using wordperfect 8 and get the same results with ver
12. Envelope printing works fine with the 600. I've tried updating my
driver with no luck and many other things with no luck. I could not find
any help on the corel sight either.

Has anybody had the same trouble and found a fix???

Thanks
Dee
Old August 8th 03, 01:22 AM
Don Davis

Deep,
I too, went from a 600 to a C82. The thing I miss most about envelope
printing is all envelopes on the 600 could be printed lengthwise including
#10's. Now with the C82 the envelopes have to print vertically. That said, I
use either Microsoft Word or Print Artist to print envelopes and are placed
in the printer on the right. MS Word lets you select the orientation of the
envelope according to what your printer dictates. Are you sure the programs
you are using don't give you the same options?
Good luck.
Don D

Old August 8th 03, 08:31 PM
deep

"Don Davis" wrote in
:

Deep,
I too, went from a 600 to a C82. The thing I miss most about
envelope
printing is all envelopes on the 600 could be printed lengthwise
including #10's. Now with the C82 the envelopes have to print
vertically. That said, I use either Microsoft Word or Print Artist to
"deep" wrote in message
HI
I just replaced my epson 600 with an epson c82 and find that it wants
to print envelopes on the left side instead of the right. That
doesn't work because the envelope needs to be guided on both edges.
I've contacted

epson
with no luck. I am using wordperfect 8 and get the same results with
ver 12. Envelope printing works fine with the 600. I've tried
updating my driver with no luck and many other things with no luck. I
could not find any help on the corel sight either.

Has anybody had the same trouble and found a fix???

Thanks
Dee

Thanks Don but every thing I've tried in the way of paper size,
orientation, etc results in the printing either at the middle of a
standard page or off to the left. I got a step by step fix from epson,
but it evidently was for a WP version other than 8 or 12.

Dee
Old August 10th 03, 06:43 PM
ftran999

"deep" wrote in message
HI
I just replaced my epson 600 with an epson c82 and find that it wants to
print envelopes on the left side instead of the right. That doesn't work
because the envelope needs to be guided on both edges. I've contacted

epson
with no luck. I am using wordperfect 8 and get the same results with ver
12. Envelope printing works fine with the 600. I've tried updating my
driver with no luck and many other things with no luck. I could not find
any help on the corel sight either.

Has anybody had the same trouble and found a fix???

Thanks
Dee

I didn't have the exact problem you have, but I am using the same Epson
printer and Word 97 to print envelopes. The problem I had is that no matter
which orientation I had chosen, the return address would always be printed
on the top center. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I put the
envs in the printer per the instruction manually. In Word and the Epson
printers settings I had chosen #10 envelope and landscape mode, but no
matter which orientation I had chosen in Word the results were always the
same. In the end in turned out that I need to go into the page layout
settings and chose the envelope size in the reduce/enlarge size option.
So if by the time this response appears and you have not resolved the issue,
you may want to try tinkering around with some of the advanced settings in
the Epson printer settings.