Logitech 4000 Pro with Yahoo messenger, problem?

Old October 19th 03, 02:23 AM
Harry

Default Logitech 4000 Pro with Yahoo messenger, problem?

Hi,

Wondering if anyone here have a successful story with the combination of
Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro and Yahoo Messenger?

I just had it set up last night and am still having problem.
This webcam seems working fine with Windows Messenger but it does not like
Yahoo.
Once the "Start the Webcam" clicked, system hangs. The Yahoo preference
setting also grey at the camera setting section.
Not sure what is cauing all these problems. The task manager can not even
kill this non-responding Yahoo messenger process, one of the toughest one I
have met, very sticky...

Thanks for any input.

Old October 22nd 03, 06:12 PM
cgs

Hi,
only jusst got a 4000 so I'm new to it. Just installed yahoo messenger
everything working OK. Frame rate rather slow but working OK.
Chris.

Old December 17th 03, 10:09 PM
Grady Dill

Howdy,

I'm seeing the same type of problem and I believe I've isolated the
problem down to some Yahoo! Messenger DLLs.

I recently did a fresh install of WinXP Pro w/ SP1 on my system. I
downloaded the QuickCam 8.1.1.100 software for use with my Logitech
ClickSmart 510 webcam. Also installed the latest Y!M (5.6.0.1356).
Before upgrading my system, I was on Win2K Pro w/ SP4 and using
ImageStudio 7.3 and Y!M 5.5 and had no trouble at all.

Same problem...attempt to start your webcam via Y!M and Y!M locks up,
can't kill via Task Manager, have to reboot the system.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Logitech's QuickCam
software because I can run the QuickCam software and snap a picture with
the webcam (can't do video due to some out of date codec, would have to
purchase from some company, ugh). Also tried the ImageStudio 7.3 and it
works on its own also.

Yahoo! has a "Webcam Compatibility Test" link

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mesg/w...ebcams-11.html

that I also tried via IE 6.0 (doesn't want to work with Netscape 7.1
which I normally use...call me a rebel). Supposedly whatever the webcam
is picking up should display in your browser when you select the link
mentioned. When I tried this via IE 6, IE locked up, have to reboot system.

From what I can determine, apparently Y!M 5.6 and IE are utilizing the
same ActiveX component, the Yahoo! WebCam Upload Wrapper, which was a
download installation when attempting the IE test. I've determined
there are 3 DLLs involved: kdu_v32r.dll, yuplapp.dll, and ywcupl.dll.
This has got to be the problem...

Unfortunately all Yahoo! Messenger Support can suggest is to uninstall,
delete the install dir, and reinstall. I've told them at least 3x that
their suggestion does not solve the problem. Beginning to think I'm
getting responses from an automated system.

Don't know if this made things better for you but maybe it'll help
knowing something more...

Grady