TUSL2-C Can't POST

Old August 15th 04, 03:40 PM
Praying Mantis

Default TUSL2-C Can't POST

Greetings, all!

I have been given a TUSL2-C-based system (BIOS 1012) to diagnose. I'm sort
of stumped, so I am hoping that someone else has seen this behaviour and can
give me a hint.

When I power on the system it doesn't POST, not even a beep. The system
appears as if it is about to POST and within a second or two immediately
shuts off, except for the power light flashes like the system is asleep.
Mouse clicks and keyboard tapping doesn't do anything to wake the system. I
have tried removing the AGP card, the RAM, and the hard disk and the system
still behaves the same. I have been able to get it to POST by unplugging
the system, waiting for the power to drain, and hitting the power button
immediately after I plug it back in.

Could this be a power supply problem? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- PM -

Old August 17th 04, 04:04 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Praying Mantis schrieb:

Greetings, all!

I have been given a TUSL2-C-based system (BIOS 1012) to diagnose. I'm sort
of stumped, so I am hoping that someone else has seen this behaviour and can
give me a hint.

When I power on the system it doesn't POST, not even a beep. The system
appears as if it is about to POST and within a second or two immediately
shuts off, except for the power light flashes like the system is asleep.
Mouse clicks and keyboard tapping doesn't do anything to wake the system. I
have tried removing the AGP card, the RAM, and the hard disk and the system
still behaves the same. I have been able to get it to POST by unplugging
the system, waiting for the power to drain, and hitting the power button
immediately after I plug it back in.

Could this be a power supply problem?

I think some poor nail is having a real bad headache now. This really
sounds like a PSU with near dead electrolytics.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W
Old September 4th 04, 01:42 AM
Praying Mantis

Well I'm not conversant (sp?) enough in electronics to know what
electrolytics are, but I do know that swapping in a new PSU did in fact do
the trick! Thank you for the advice and the reply.