Running PC2700 with OLD A7V Motherboard

Old July 28th 03, 03:16 PM
S.Heenan

Default Running PC2700 with OLD A7V Motherboard

MicroShop wrote:
I am running a 3 years old Athlon800 with an old A7V M/B and
wondering if I can put in a piece of 512mb of PC2700 (333Mhz) RAM. I
would like to upgrade the entire system eventually (when I save
enough money say in 4 months time) therefore no point in getting
something like a piece of PC133.

Many thanks.

If you use a rubber mallet, sure it'll fit. Might not work, but it'll fit.

The A7V takes only 168pin PC133 SDRAM. It can also use older 168pin PC100
memory. PC2700 is 184pin DDR SDRAM.

--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement

Old July 28th 03, 03:26 PM
callsignviper

"MicroShop" wrote in message
I am running a 3 years old Athlon800 with an old A7V M/B and wondering if

can put in a piece of 512mb of PC2700 (333Mhz) RAM. I would like to

upgrade
the entire system eventually (when I save enough money say in 4 months

time)
therefore no point in getting something like a piece of PC133.

Many thanks.

Ummm...........that motherboard only accepts SDR Ram and NOT DDR Ram as you
have listed.

Check your motherboard manual and it will list the Ram specifications for
your A7V.

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.