Need to know what is better I am buying a CPU and MOTHERBOARD

Old December 3rd 04, 09:05 AM
joe canner

Default Need to know what is better I am buying a CPU and MOTHERBOARD

Need to know what is better I am buying a CPU and MOTHERBOARD

Hi all

I need to know what is better I am buying a

P4 3.2 or p4 3.4 I don't know yet the one with one meg cash 800 bus speed.

Now I know that I want a Abit mother board but don't know what one DO I go
with the 478 or the 775

I think both CPUs above come in both.

I like about and trust them have always bought them but now am stuck.

All the new boards are going for the 778 right or not. I am asking.

or Intel going to keep making the P 4 .3 and up much higher with the 775.?

What is better from one then the other the 478 or 775 is it just the pins
that go into the motherboard?

So what mother should I go with I have a lot but would like to go cheaper if
I can.

I don't think I need the onboard sound as I have a live SB card. I have IDE
250 maxtor hard drive with the card.

So I don't need the new hard drive plug on the mother board.

I have ATI ALL IN WONDER 128 so don't need video on board.

I want a fast board to do video edit make dvds playing doom 3 and half life
2.

So what do you think? What abit board and what one 478 or 775 and why.

Thanks

Ed

Old December 3rd 04, 04:46 PM
jlovesiyi

i think 775 is better, but if you are not conserning the feature and
function so much, you can choose 478.
pls refer to this forum
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/u...49.html#000001