Cats 7.12 out

Old December 20th 07, 09:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kevin Paul Smith

Default Cats 7.12 out

Cats 7.12 are out.

Old December 21st 07, 12:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Cool! Let us know if it hoses your system...

"Kevin Paul Smith" wrote in message
. uk...
Cats 7.12 are out.

Old December 21st 07, 12:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
J. Clarke

Steve wrote:
If?

More like "Let us know how bad it hoses your system".

"First of One" wrote in message
Cool! Let us know if it hoses your system...

"Kevin Paul Smith" wrote in message
. uk...
Cats 7.12 are out.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old December 21st 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
William

You boys sure do know how to instill confidence when it's needed. :-)

Don't pay any attention to the popping and smoke rising from the unit - all
is normal. It's just burning the mouse tracks out of the unit.

William

Old December 21st 07, 10:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

"William" wrote in message
Don't pay any attention to the popping and smoke rising from the unit -
all is normal. It's just burning the mouse tracks out of the unit.

I beg to differ. All electronic devices, including computers, run on smoke.
As long as smoke stays inside, all is well. When smoke comes out of the
device, it stops working.

Old December 21st 07, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Actually, the Cat 7.12s aren't bad. Fixed the stupid disappearing-wallpaper
bug with Crossfire enabled, and doesn't appear to have ****ed up anything
else over Cat 7.11.

If?

Old December 22nd 07, 03:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
St

Yes just went to the dark side here.. after trying every driver from 7.6 to
7.11 on a VISIONTEK HD 2400 PRO (AGP) I have left... Most of the time the
machine would just reboot at random.. hard no warning boots.. scrambling one
machines harddrive... oh yea I even tried that p.o.s. card in another
machine...

Now granted the N card I bought was only a 6200 but.. nice stable quick
boots ...no CCC BS.. no reboots .. and the DX9 3D games even play..

I don't know how long I ran ATI cards. First one I had was an AIW ISA card
with an S3 chip I my brain is no today.... 10--12 years...

Oh well enough rant ... it did take Visiontek to make me see the light and
go to the dark...

Just get a nvidia card and chuck the ati...amd shi

"Charlie Maxwell" wrote in message
Nice. I see they have fixed NOTHING that i need. LIKE AGP SUPPORT!...

sigh 8 years of ATI products, and now I have to find another vendor.

Cheers!
Charlie Maxwell
x1950 AGP looser

Old December 29th 07, 02:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB

"Charlie Maxwell" wrote in message
Nice. I can't blame it on the 2nd party manufacturer of my x1950
either. I just popped my ATI 9800 PRO in and it fails the Direct3D
tests as well.

This is on an a7n8x-e deluxe -- You don't think it's cause the
nforce2 chipset? Hmmm. who else is having problems and what chipset
is on their mobo? AMD/ATi Conspiracy theory anyone?

Cheers!
Charlie Maxwell
9800 Pro AGP looser as well as x1950 agp looser.

I also have the A7N8X Deluxe, with a Sapphire X850XT PE (OC 570/620),
and it passes all tests. Sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree.
I used a PowerColor 9700 Pro before this card and had no problems.

Old December 29th 07, 06:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:39:40 -0600, "St" wrote:

Yes just went to the dark side here..

Now granted the N card I bought was only a 6200 but.. nice stable quick
boots ...no CCC BS.. no reboots .. and the DX9 3D games even play..

I don't know how long I ran ATI cards. First one I had was an AIW ISA card
with an S3 chip I my brain is no today.... 10--12 years...

+1 first nvidia card ever. Good news is it isn't too bad.

Good timing since I'm probably going to try linux out.

5.6 cats when? billyzoom Ati Videocards 4 June 11th 05 01:27 PM
New Cats 5.3 Kevin Paul Smith Ati Videocards 17 March 24th 05 12:59 AM
New Year, New Cats.... Gareee© Ati Videocards 0 January 18th 05 02:39 AM
New Cats Hootsman Ati Videocards 6 December 15th 04 03:14 PM
3.8 cats still no MMX on my P4 JAD Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 03 04:27 AM