detect motion from serise of images

Old August 24th 05, 07:27 PM
James

Default detect motion from serise of images

Hi, i have a web cam that can ftp images. is there a way i can have another
program download those images and detect if motion had occured? i.e. like an
intruder?

Old August 24th 05, 07:42 PM
Bob Day

"James" wrote in message news:w_2Pe.15659$M3.1819@trnddc05...
Hi, i have a web cam that can ftp images. is there a way i can have another
program download those images and detect if motion had occured? i.e. like an
intruder?

Possibly, but you could also get webcam software that
has motion detection capability built in. You might give
HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com a try.

-- Bob Day

Old August 24th 05, 07:58 PM
James

problem is i allready have a network camera, but it doesn't act like a
normal windows webcamera. i have to find some software that can look at
allready saved images...my camera is a panasonic network camera model:
KX-hcm10

Old August 24th 05, 09:25 PM
ThE SlAyEr

google for something like virtual webcam

ive seen software for this somewhere on the net...

regards slayer

Old August 24th 05, 10:28 PM
Si Ballenger

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:58:24 GMT, "James"
wrote:

problem is i allready have a network camera, but it doesn't act like a
normal windows webcamera. i have to find some software that can look at
allready saved images...my camera is a panasonic network camera model:
KX-hcm10

The below has motion detection and works with network cams.

http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

Old August 24th 05, 10:50 PM
James

coolness! do you know of a good motion detecting software for a webcam?

Old August 25th 05, 03:48 PM
Robert J Batina

James spewed:
wow, it says it works with my panasonic network cam, im downloading
it right now. thanks!

If that doesn't suit your needs, give HomeWatcher a try. I've been using
v1.5 (0128) for what seems like forever now, and have had very little
problems with it. It can save images, time lapse video, and the registered
version allows you to mask areas where you don't want movement detected,
overlay text and time stamps, etc. The software is free, with only a few
things disabled. If you don't mind the little www.homewatcher.com logo on
your images and video, you probably won't even have to upgrade to the full
version. The free version is only very slightly crippled.

Good luck.

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com

Old August 25th 05, 06:18 PM
James

the active webcam software works, but its so slow with my camera. This
causes motion detection not to work correclty. it only sees like 1 frame per
second. i have tried changing all the settings to increase this but its
still very slow. know of any other programs that might connect to my network
camera directly using the activex control from panasonic? active webcam
seems to just rip the images from my panasonics http server.