Can't play certain videos

Old October 6th 08, 11:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Default Can't play certain videos

I wanted to play the SNL opening video -- it's on their site.

But I never can get it to play. The screen freezes and I need to use Task
Manage to end it.

Any ideas?

Mel

Old October 7th 08, 09:26 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
William R. Walsh

Hi!

I wanted to play the SNL opening video -- it's on their site.
But I never can get it to play. The screen freezes and I need to use Task
Manage to end it.

Any ideas?

Sure. The videos I saw there (although I did not see an opening video) all
appear to be in Flash format.

So...is your Flash player up to date?
Are your video drivers up to date?
Do any other sites that play video (like Youtube) have problems?

If you need to update your video drivers, I would go straight to the card or
chipset manufacturer. The drivers you get from your computer maker can be
out of date.

William

Old October 7th 08, 03:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Is Michael Dell a Republican or Democrat? Is Billl Gates a Republican or
Democrat? Depends on which spoof one finds most critical of the person being
spoofed. Maybe there is a political DLL in the laptop?

While you are at it, play the Tina Fey ones from the last two weeks... Ben Myers

Old October 7th 08, 05:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:49:09 -0400, Ben Myers
wrote:

Is Michael Dell a Republican or Democrat? Is Billl Gates a Republican or
Democrat? Depends on which spoof one finds most critical of the person being
spoofed. Maybe there is a political DLL in the laptop?

While you are at it, play the Tina Fey ones from the last two weeks... Ben Myers

I got to admit Tina Fey really does Sarah Palin well / funny. She
looks so much like the real thing at least thru the lense.
Old October 8th 08, 02:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

"real thing"? Are you sure she's real? Can't see the invisible thin white
strings above her? "Thing" I'll buy. Miss Congeniality meets world politics. A
nice movie script, but we are watching the reality show... Ben Myers