W98se and a Sitecom LAN-drive (RDC Semiconductor co) problems

Old October 29th 07, 02:27 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
R.Wieser

Default W98se and a Sitecom LAN-drive (RDC Semiconductor co) problems

Hello All,

I've bought a SiteCom LAN-drive, and have a bit of a problem with using
wildcards in filenames in Windows 98se : the drive cannot find any of the
requested files, although a simple "dir" shows them to be there.

A search of the Web showed that the drive uses a 80186 compatible controller
(RDC2882) and uses firmware from a company named "RDC Semiconductors", at
least if I may believe some text embedded in that firmware.

My question : does anyone know of a solution for this problem (new "vista
capable" firmware does not seem to do the trick), and/or is there a forum
where this kind of hardware is discussed (I would like to know a bit more
about the used controller (no specs found on the web), and if the source and
tools to that firmware exist).

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Sitecom LN-301 printer server Guka General 2 October 22nd 07 06:53 PM
sitecom wl-124 hans General 1 August 1st 07 06:36 AM
Sitecom kv-006 4-port KVM beep aleX Homebuilt PC's 0 June 1st 05 11:01 PM
Semiconductor Links Joe Kim General 0 May 14th 04 03:20 AM
Sitecom "56K USB Modem" DC-009 robin General Hardware 0 January 31st 04 09:12 PM