Some help asked installing a wecam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 2nd 04, 05:18 PM
P.Melchior

Default Some help asked installing a wecam

Hello,

I've been reading the : "Help!! Webcam Novice Trying to Setup Security
Web Cam" (4/24/2004) with great interest, and followed Noel's
directions.

But I still have problems getting my webcam on line.

When a friend of mine tries to connect to the webcam with Windows
Media Player he encounters a kind of error: after the initial
connecting is done, and loading into buffer is 60-80% completed, WMP
is trying to reconnect. Sometimes he is able to see the picture for a
few seconds, than WMP freezes, trying to reconnect.
He 's connecting to my external IP.

I put up a test

http:www.xs4all.nl/~pme001/streamingtest.htm

But again, he isn't able to see anything. After initial connection,
blank.

I'm using WME 7.1 for encoding on a PIII 450 computer, 128 Mb RAM.
I have a static IP, and a broadband connection. with a Thomson
speedtouch modem. I configured both internal and external IP's.The
webcam I use is an ADI C350.

If I alter the IP's in "streamingtest.htm" from my external IP to my
local machine name or it's IP, upload the file to my provider, open
the HTML, I see a perfect streaming video.

I feel kind of in the dark.

TIA for any suggestions.

Peter