How to create adminstrator password for install/unstall

Old November 3rd 12, 04:44 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
PcGAmeR22[_71_]

Default How to create adminstrator password for install/unstall

Hello folks
every time my little brother uses the computer he always downloads
software that i dont want on my hard drive , lots of toolbars , apps and
unnecessary nonsense that only slows down the computer , i delete them
in the end but i want to put an end to it , is there a way i can assign
a password for installing or uninstalling software without having to set
a password for the computer itself
I dont want anything slowing down my pc more than its already slow due
to fragmentation , I really appreciate it
Thank you

Old November 4th 12, 06:30 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

PcGAmeR22 wrote

Hello folks

Hi folky

every time my little brother uses the computer he always downloads
software that i dont want on my hard drive , lots of toolbars , apps
and unnecessary nonsense that only slows down the computer ,

The best solution is a retrospective abortion.

i delete them in the end but i want to put an end to it , is there
a way i can assign a password for installing or uninstalling
software without having to set a password for the computer itself

Yes, with a modern OS like Win7, just remove the admin privileges
from the account that’s normally used and use an admin account to
do that stuff when you want to do it yourself.

I dont want anything slowing down my pc more
than its already slow due to fragmentation ,

It won't be slowed down due to fragmentation.

Old November 4th 12, 09:29 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
R.Wieser

Yes, with a modern OS like Win7, just remove the admin privileges

And if you have an a bit older OS like XP or even Windows NT it works the
same way.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Old November 4th 12, 09:57 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
David Brown[_3_]

On 04/11/12 22:29, R.Wieser wrote:
Yes, with a modern OS like Win7, just remove the admin privileges

And if you have an a bit older OS like XP or even Windows NT it works the
same way.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Older versions of Windows allowed you to cause more damage without admin
privileges - newer versions limit it a more (though even with older
Windows, removing admin privileges helps a bit).

I love that phrase "modern OS like Win7". For situations like this,
Windows is gradually learning to implement privilege separation that has
existed for 40 years in the unix world... Install Linux, give the kid
brother a user without sudo privileges, and you'll have no problems.

Old November 6th 12, 03:40 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Cept when he ****es in your cornflakes when he cant play his games anymore.