ASUS Tech Support Question

Old May 18th 04, 10:12 AM
tony010409020622@[email protected]

Default ASUS Tech Support Question

From ASUS Web Site:

Technical Support
Motherboard and General Product Support:

For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
please visit our website at
http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
technical support case number before
talking to our technical support agents.

What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...

Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?

Thanks

Old May 18th 04, 10:45 AM
Paul

In article ,
wrote:

From ASUS Web Site:

Technical Support
Motherboard and General Product Support:

For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
please visit our website at
http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
technical support case number before
talking to our technical support agents.

What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...

Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?

Thanks

I think the trick is, it is a toll call and not toll free.
No 1-800 number that I have seen.

Response is spotty. Some people phone, have their details taken,
and are then told to expect a call back. Some people get tech
time, and some don't. And forget using email - the exchange
will be memorable and useless, if the email gets through.
The phone is the way to go, or just ask us :-)
It helps to fill out the details of your problem on
the web site, before calling. That will save talk time.

In theory, your retailer is supposed to support you. I cannot
imagine the retailers I've dealt with, doing anything more than
take my money. The support provided by Asus staff is sort of a
"best effort" thing, rather than there being some kind of
guarantee of hand-holding while you build your system. Some of
the Asus tech support people are helpful, but they are
swamped. Some people in this group have gotten more than one
hour of time on the phone with a tech.

Part of the purpose of the tech support, is intelligence
gathering for Asus. For deciding what to fix in the BIOS :-)

Paul
Old May 18th 04, 08:29 PM
Arnie Berger

wrote in message . ..
From ASUS Web Site:

Technical Support
Motherboard and General Product Support:

For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
please visit our website at
http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
technical support case number before
talking to our technical support agents.

What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...

Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?

Thanks

The best tech support that I've found for these boards is this
newsgroup. You are taking advantage of the collective wisdom of a lot
of people who have been through it before, and are a lot more astute
about the technology then the ASUS techs. That said, there is a caveat
here. You aren't getting filtered advice. There are lots of wrong
advice given here as well. For example, my reply. :-)

Arnie

Old May 20th 04, 09:48 PM
Bucky

On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:12:34 GMT,
wrote:

From ASUS Web Site:

Technical Support
Motherboard and General Product Support:

For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
please visit our website at
http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
technical support case number before
talking to our technical support agents.

What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...

Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?

Thanks

Early this year, I had a problem when I assembled my PC with the ASUS
motherboard. I called tech support and after a minute or two on hold,
I got a person that took my phone number and said they would call me
back.

I waited 24 hrs and then I called again, with the same results. This
time I told them I had waited a day, they apologized and put me thru
to the next available tech. I called at peak times.

Not as good as some, but barely acceptable for today's market. I got
my answer and the tech was competent. NO CHARGE.

The tech support center was in Louisville, KY, a local call for me.
It could be in India or Pakistan by now.

Quickest reply is to post on this board. Don't jump at the first
reply, wait for a few responses and go with the consensus.
Old May 20th 04, 11:10 PM
seeker

===My Experience====

I bought a P4PE MB, after some months (little hours, it did not boot
when cold...nothing, no post/no video no beeps. Anyway, I checked on
line and found a few people had the same....Asus gives 3 yeras
warranty. So, I requested a RMA number, but after 2 days didn't get
an answerr, so UIi phoned them in CAif.

The lady was nice, apoligized and gave the RMA # on the phone. Yes, I
did try tech, and the phones were "busy"...but,, I di my work firts so
I knew it was a not to be solved on the phone.

The board swap (I'm in NY) tool about 10 days total...and I've had no
trouble.

I'd only say, be clever when you call for tech...first are you
expereinced and have you done some web-research? OK, you shouldn;t
have to...but it's in your benefit.

Secondly, I found that even calling cuistyomer service...who did
answerr the phone, allowed me to transfer to Tech...just tell them
that you firts did all the things, send email or whatever and didn't
get help.

Today, (to bad) every company isn't as good as before....but ASUS
still is pretty good. Also, I've been very happy with Intel's support
of CPU's and MBs....ok...in most casess this means a swap...rather
than detailed tech. But, I think, if you have a newbie question, or
strange question, you have a good chance to get a few good replies on
rhis newsgroup.....

The world has changd...not always for the better! I still think Asus
is pretty good.....I can say that the amount of bad/failed Abit boards
I've seen are MUCH worse.

Anyway, that's my opinion.....

On Thu, 20 May 2004 20:48:51 GMT, Bucky wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:12:34 GMT,
wrote:

From ASUS Web Site:

[...]

LITEON's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Homebuilt PC's 49 April 15th 04 04:41 AM
Supermicro X5DAL-TG2 Motherboard Hard Drive Support Question Pack Fan Homebuilt PC's 0 November 18th 03 05:53 AM
Where is Nero Tech Support Bruce Maguire Cdr 2 September 9th 03 10:50 PM
ASUS Support Eddie Asus Motherboards 3 August 6th 03 06:34 PM
Asus tech support - non-useful reply! Matt Larkin Asus Motherboards 1 July 4th 03 07:10 PM