Is it worth upgrading an Epson 875 to a Canon i960?

Old November 9th 03, 09:26 AM
Rich Powell

Default Is it worth upgrading an Epson 875 to a Canon i960?

I just bought a new Canon G5 digital camera and happened to be in a BestBuy
looking at camera cases and started chatting with a Canon sales rep working
in the store. He told me that they have a deal going on through the end of
January where if I buy an i960 printer I can get a $150 rebate since I also
bought a Canon digital camera. Getting that printer for $49 seems like a
great deal, but I have to play the stupid rebate game - which I hate with a
passion!

My question is, I have a perfectly good Epson 875 printer that works just
fine. How would the Canon print quality compare to the Epson? Better? The
same? Worse? I have been out of the loop for a while since the dreaded
orange shift problems on the Epson - is this still an issue with any
printers?

Any comments or suggestions from anyone who has used either or both of these
printers would be appreciated.

Thanks!