Arcserve 9.01 SCSI problem

Old November 20th 03, 10:39 AM
Tony Cummins

Default Arcserve 9.01 SCSI problem

I've recently purchased a copy of Brightstor Arcserve 9.01 for Netware to
replace Backup Exec v9.0 for Netware. I'm connected to an HP Surestor 20/2
DLT 8000 tape library unit via two AHA2940 scsi cards.

When I load Arcserve on the server I only see the robot (C7200-8000) and one
Quantum DLT8000 drive. The first time I loaded Arcserve it saw both drives
but reported one as a Qeantem DLT 8000 drive !! This is bizarre to say the
least. Arcserve then gives an error stating that the drives are dissimilar.

Backup Exec v 9.0 for Netware loaded and recognised the robot and both
drives straight off the bat.

Has anyone seen similar problems ?

cheers,

Tony Cummins

Old November 20th 03, 08:36 PM
PPH

I know with our exabyte drive I must disable the tape drive in the device
manager. Arcserve uses it's own driver.

Old November 26th 03, 06:37 PM
mark deamico

"PPH" wrote in message ...
I know with our exabyte drive I must disable the tape drive in the device
manager. Arcserve uses it's own driver.

I have the same problem--QeANTeM - both Us got changed to es.

I am working with the library manufacturer right now. The problem
occurrs on multiple servers using multiple SCSI cards and cables.
Weird!

If anyone knows anything, please do post!

Nick
(replace * with x)
Old December 3rd 03, 01:09 PM
Tony Cummins

Mark,

I've had an engineer out from SUN as it's one of their StorEdge L20 units
that I'm having this identical problem on. He fitted a new drive but the
problem remained. I've switched drives, SCSI controllers, cables and also
assigned different SCSI IDs to the drives but the problem persists. The
engineer didn't have much of a clue either. My guess is that it must be a
problem with the board in the L20 itself.

You didn't mention what hardware and software problem you were running on ?

cheers,

Tony

"mark deamico" wrote in message
om...

Old December 5th 03, 04:53 AM
Barry Drodge

I know Arcseve for Windows will only support one drive in a tape library
unless you also purchase the tape library option. Is this the case for
Arcserve for NetWare as well?

Do you have the library option?

Barry

"Tony Cummins" wrote in
:

Old December 9th 03, 04:41 PM
Tony Cummins

I have purchased, installed and configured the Tape Library option. During
configuration of the Device Groups it sees the two drives as being
different.