printing passport photos?

Old June 13th 08, 06:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John

Default printing passport photos?

Can anyone tell me the best way to print passport size photos with my
Epson Stylus R220? I have 6x4" photo paper. I 'might' have some A4
photo paper as well, not sure if I have any of that left.

I'm not sure what size exactly passport photos are meant to be and how
many I would be able to fit on 6 by 4? Are there any setting in the
Epson Photo Quicker program that will do passport sized photos?

Cheers

John

Old June 13th 08, 07:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Don Phillipson[_4_]

"John" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me the best way to print passport size photos with my
Epson Stylus R220? I have 6x4" photo paper. I 'might' have some A4
photo paper as well, not sure if I have any of that left.

I'm not sure what size exactly passport photos are meant to be and how
many I would be able to fit on 6 by 4?

1. You may need to specify which set of passport specifications
you mean (e.g. EU, USA etc.)
2. If you do not need to conform to exact specifications,
why not print on each sheet as many photos as pleases you?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old June 13th 08, 09:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:31:56 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message
.. .

Can anyone tell me the best way to print passport size photos with my
Epson Stylus R220? I have 6x4" photo paper. I 'might' have some A4
photo paper as well, not sure if I have any of that left.

I'm not sure what size exactly passport photos are meant to be and how
many I would be able to fit on 6 by 4?

1. You may need to specify which set of passport specifications
you mean (e.g. EU, USA etc.)
2. If you do not need to conform to exact specifications,
why not print on each sheet as many photos as pleases you?

Hi, Sorry, I forgot to mention. It is for UK specifications.

Thanks

John

Old June 13th 08, 11:19 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Chapman

wrote:

"John" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me the best way to print passport size photos with my
Epson Stylus R220? I have 6x4" photo paper. I 'might' have some A4
photo paper as well, not sure if I have any of that left.

You may be interested in a program called Passport Photo sold by
OnTheGoSoft which covers all the tricky bits and was not expensive.
I have found it easy to use.
Old June 15th 08, 07:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Keiser

IDPhotoStudio by KCSoftwares has no bells and whistles [can't edit or adjust
the photo] but it is free and worth a try.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Old June 15th 08, 10:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I would expect there are regulations published somewhere for passport
images. Some may not even allow inkjet output. The type of paper is
sometimes indicated as well (glossy or matte) and the dimensions, how
much of the upper body can show, and if a signature space is required,
etc. You may find this information on line, I'm not sure.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Old June 16th 08, 12:18 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
AnthonyL

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:21:33 +0100, John wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:31:56 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message
. ..

Can anyone tell me the best way to print passport size photos with my
Epson Stylus R220? I have 6x4" photo paper. I 'might' have some A4
photo paper as well, not sure if I have any of that left.

I'm not sure what size exactly passport photos are meant to be and how
many I would be able to fit on 6 by 4?

1. You may need to specify which set of passport specifications
you mean (e.g. EU, USA etc.)
2. If you do not need to conform to exact specifications,
why not print on each sheet as many photos as pleases you?

Hi, Sorry, I forgot to mention. It is for UK specifications.

Thanks

I would also recommend you read up the recent postings on
uk.rec.photo.misc on Passport Photos (also posted by a "John")

--
AnthonyL
Old June 16th 08, 02:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Robert Peirce

In article ,
John wrote:

Can anyone tell me the best way to print passport size photos with my
Epson Stylus R220? I have 6x4" photo paper. I 'might' have some A4
photo paper as well, not sure if I have any of that left.

I'm not sure what size exactly passport photos are meant to be and how
many I would be able to fit on 6 by 4? Are there any setting in the
Epson Photo Quicker program that will do passport sized photos?

Cheers

John

I just had to do this for my wife's and daughter's US passports. This
requires two 2"x2" photos.

I created the photos in LightZone and printed them 2x2. Almost any
photo editor should be able to do this. I needed the editor for sizing,
but I also needed to blur the background in one photo.

It was easy to do two on one 4x6 piece of photo paper. I could have
done more but only needed two.

--
Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]

Old June 16th 08, 03:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Shomler

While the OP requested info for UK, those in the USA can find passport
and visa photo dimension and technical requirements at the US government
passport site. See Guidelines for Producing High Quality Photographs
for U.S. Travel Documents:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html

Arthur Entlich wrote:
I would expect there are regulations published somewhere for passport
images. Some may not even allow inkjet output. The type of paper is
sometimes indicated as well (glossy or matte) and the dimensions, how
much of the upper body can show, and if a signature space is required,
etc. You may find this information on line, I'm not sure.

Printing photos from CD, they come with bad software? mm Printers 13 July 20th 07 11:03 PM
Program for printing photos Yianni Printers 1 February 12th 07 07:24 AM
R300 printing 7x5" photos? Me Printers 4 December 4th 04 06:50 PM
Printing photos from a HP 930c CQMMAN Printers 2 December 4th 04 06:21 PM
Epson 820 - passport photos Yianni Printers 4 July 30th 03 04:18 AM