Decent A3 scanner

Old December 29th 09, 02:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
_dee[_3_]

Default Decent A3 scanner

I'm looking for a scanner for capturing music paper, which is larger
than 8-1/2" x 11". It seems that A3 is the next jump in size. I
don't really need color (though it would be a welcome addition if it
doesn't jack up the price too much).

I've used the Mustek A3 USB, but it's really flakey. Are there better
recommendations under $500 or so?

Old December 30th 09, 12:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Gary Dingle

Instead of a larger scanner, I use software called 'Scan N Stitch
Deluxe' from Arcsoft (www.arcsoft.com).
Does a very good job at joining multiple scans.
Hope this helps
Gary

Old January 12th 10, 08:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
_dee[_3_]

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:01:07 +1030, Gary Dingle
wrote:

Instead of a larger scanner, I use software called 'Scan N Stitch
Deluxe' from Arcsoft (www.arcsoft.com).
Does a very good job at joining multiple scans.
Hope this helps
Gary

Late reply, sorry. Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately, the
music score paper is just a bit over the normal scanner size in both
width and height. I'd either have to do 4 scans, or I'd have to scan
sideways, then do the Stitch thing, then open each resulting image and
de-rotate it.

I'll have to go with an A3 scanner just to minimize all the extra
work. Hopefully there's something better than the Mustek out there.
The thing kept crashing the OS. Flakey drivers, I'm sure.

Old January 13th 10, 11:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
CSM1

_dee wrote in
:

wrote:

I'm looking for a scanner for capturing music paper, which is larger
than 8-1/2" x 11". It seems that A3 is the next jump in size. I
don't really need color (though it would be a welcome addition if it
doesn't jack up the price too much).

I've used the Mustek A3 USB, but it's really flakey. Are there

better
recommendations under $500 or so?

There are better A3 scanners if you are willing to pay the price.
You can search Google for "A3 scanners" without the quotes.
There are a lot of choices, just for a lot of money.

Here is a PlusTec model.
http://www.provantage.com/plustek-26...c~7PLUS00Q.htm

ProAdvantage.com is a good place to shop for this type of office
equipment.

If you are looking for really large scanning, check out this site.
http://www.paradigmimaging.com/servi...t_scanning.htm

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com