Compaq Hardware

Old May 14th 04, 07:43 PM
Denny

Default Compaq Hardware

TXkgTW9tIGhhZCBteSBvbGQgQ29tcGFxIGEgNTE5MCBtb2RlbC B3aXRoIERWRCwgWklQIERSSVZF
IC4gV2hpbGUgSSB3YXMgb3V0IG9mIHN0YXRlIHNoZSBoYWQgYS BiaWcgcHJvYmxlbSB3aXRoIGl0
IGFuZCBnb3Qgc29tZSB3YW5uYSBiZSBjb21wdXRlciB0ZWNoIH RvIGZpeCBpdC4gWUVBSCBoZSBG
SVhFRCBpdCBhbHJpZ2h0IGRlc3Ryb3llZCB0aGUgbW9kZW0hDQ oNClNpbmNlIHRoZSBjb21wdXRl
ciB3YXMgcnVubmluZyB3aW5kb3dzIDk4IGFuZCBpdHMgYW4gb2 xkZXIgbW9kZWwgd2UgZ290IGhl
ciBhIGJyYW5kIG5ldyBjb21wdXRlci4gV2VsbCBvZiBjb3Vyc2 UgdGhhdCBub3cgbGVhdmVzIG1l
IHdpdGggYW4gZXh0cmEgY29tcHV0ZXIuIA0KDQpJIGhhdmUgYS BDb21wYXEgNTAwMCBzZXJpZXMg
d2hhdCBJIHdhbnQgdG8gZG8gaXMgdG8gY2FubmliYWxpemUgdG hlIERWRCwgdGhlIG1lbW9yeSBT
dGljayBhbmQgdGhlIEhhcmQgRHJpdmUuDQoNCkNhbiBhbnlvbm UgdGVsbCBtZSBpZiB0aGVyZSBp
cyBnb2luZyB0byBiZSBhbnkgaGFyZHdhcmUgaXNzdWVzPw0KDQ pJIGtub3cgdGhhdCBJIHdpbGwg
bGlrZWx5IG5lZWQgdG8gZ2V0IGRyaXZlcnMgZm9yIHRoZSBEVk QsIGJ1dCBzaW5jZSB0aGV5IGFy
ZSBib3RoIENvbXBhcSdzIHNob3VsZCBJIGhhdmUgYW55IHByb2 JsZW0gZml0dGluZyB0aGUgZXF1
aXBtZW50IGluIHRoZSBjaGFzc2lzPyBhbmQgYmFzaWNhbGx5IG FyZSBhbGwgQ29tcGFxIG1vZGVs
cyB0aGUgc2FtZT8=

Old May 15th 04, 04:36 AM
HH

The DVD drive and hard drive should work fine. No extra drivers should be
required. The operating system already has them. If you mean DVD playback
software, you will need to purchase some. I prefer Power DVD. It works
great.
Try:
http://www.gocyberlink.com

If you use the cables that came with the 5000, be sure the DVD drive and
hard drive are still jumpered CS for Cable Select. The memory might not
work. The 5190 uses PC100 168-pin SyncDRAM. Many newer 5000 series models
use newer 184-pin DDR memory. If your 5000 uses DDR, the older PC100 won't
even fit the slot.
HH

"Denny" wrote in message
My Mom had my old Compaq a 5190 model with DVD, ZIP DRIVE . While I was

out of state she had a big problem with it and got some wanna be computer
tech to fix it. YEAH he FIXED it alright destroyed the modem!

Since the computer was running windows 98 and its an older model we got

her a brand new computer. Well of course that now leaves me with an extra
computer.

I have a Compaq 5000 series what I want to do is to cannibalize the DVD,

the memory Stick and the Hard Drive.

Can anyone tell me if there is going to be any hardware issues?

I know that I will likely need to get drivers for the DVD, but since they

are both Compaq's should I have any problem fitting the equipment in the
chassis? and basically are all Compaq models the same?

Compaq FAQ (New Link included) HH Compaq Computers 0 January 24th 04 02:34 PM
Anyone have the specs on an [[[OLD]]] model 461 monitor? Rick Compaq Computers 6 October 28th 03 04:03 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 3rd 03 04:09 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 September 22nd 03 05:53 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 September 14th 03 10:36 PM