Slow computer due to files ?

Old November 16th 11, 03:56 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
PcGAmeR22[_14_]

Default Slow computer due to files ?

I have a good rig for operations and tasks , when i first got my
computer the loading was fast and the performance was excellent
after i installed alot of stuff , games , programs , apps etc.
it became slower , does the ammount of files on the pc effect the
performance permemantly , because i spent last night removing anything
that i dont use , i freed almost 12 gigs
but the performance is still slow , i scanned my pc using microsoft
security essentians and it did not detect any viruses , i also cleaned
my heatsink and applied thermal paste , still no improve , im not saying
that the performance is bad , its just much slower than it was before
any solutions ?

Old November 16th 11, 08:00 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
yukonron[_17_]

There are several things that can slow your system down.
•junk collecting on your PC
•unnecessary startup items
•harmful applications (malware and viruses)
•applications improperly using system resources
•high level of hard drive fragmentation
Check your processes using your task manager to see if you have unneeded
processes using up your resources. You can disable them in
administrative tools (recommended) or by typing msconfig. There are
several optimizer progams out there to help speed up your pc heres a
link to the top 5
http://www.top5optimizers.com/
I use System Mechanic Pro myself and you can get a 30 day free trial to
see if it helps before buying it.
Another thing you can do is get more ram and increasing your pagefile in
your virtual memory. Also you can create a new user for your programs
that require more resouces and just use it without all of the other
programs that can drain your resouces. Adding ram would probably be your
best bet though.

Old November 17th 11, 04:26 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
edfair[_85_]

The number of jobs open will affect the amount of free memory and when
that falls too low the machine starts moving stuff from memory to the
hard drive and back.

You can set your anti-virus uploads and automatic upgrades to times when
they don't intefere with your normal operations. That will help.

Old November 17th 11, 03:41 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
PcGAmeR22[_15_]

what matters most for faster operations
more hdd space or a better cpu
cuz a friend of mine has a 2500k i7 cpu and he can run over 15
operations at full speed
and at the same time play games at highest settings without any lags
my hdd is 150 gb
my cpu is intel cord due e7500 2,93 ghz
i have a 9400 gt idk if that matters and 3 gigs of ddr3 ram

Old November 17th 11, 07:44 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
yukonron[_18_]

PcGAmeR22;1317621 Wrote:
what matters most for faster operations
more hdd space or a better cpu
cuz a friend of mine has a 2500k i7 cpu and he can run over 15
operations at full speed
and at the same time play games at highest settings without any lags
my hdd is 150 gb
my cpu is intel cord due e7500 2,93 ghz
i have a 9400 gt idk if that matters and 3 gigs of ddr3 ram

A faster processor would definately help. 3 gig's of ram is a little
light. I'm assuming you have 1 gig in 3 of 4 slots available if thats
the case. I would add another gig of ram to your 4th slot that way your
PC can utilize the dual core processing which would definately improve
performance and is less expensive. Adding ram is cheaper it just has to
match your existing ram. Processors are getting cheaper all of the time.
http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category...PUs-Processors
So you could do both but I would add ram first. Usually you'll see a
drop in prices around march because that's when the latest and greatest
PC stuff comes out.

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Old November 17th 11, 08:15 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
PcGAmeR22[_16_]

is there a bottle neck in my pc parts ?
cuz people told me that i have a descent cpu but a crappy gpu

Old November 18th 11, 05:49 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

PcGAmeR22 wrote:

I have a good rig for operations and tasks , when i first
got my computer the loading was fast and the performance
was excellent after i installed alot of stuff , games , programs ,
apps etc. it became slower , does the ammount of files on the
pc effect the performance permemantly ,

Nope.

because i spent last night removing anything that i dont use ,
i freed almost 12 gigs but the performance is still slow ,

That will go away if you do a clean install of the
OS and start over again if you havent got a fault.

i scanned my pc using microsoft security essentians and it did
not detect any viruses , i also cleaned my heatsink and applied
thermal paste , still no improve , im not saying that the performance
is bad , its just much slower than it was before any solutions ?

The quick test for a fault is to image the entire system, do a clean
install of the OS, see if the speed has returned to what it once was.
If it doesnt, you have a fault thats causing the reduction in speed and
need to fix that. If it does return the speed to what it once was, you can
just copy the data files you need off the image onto the new clean install.

Old November 18th 11, 08:13 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
yukonron[_19_]

Your graphic's card is a little outdated. Adding ram would definately
help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGdo75gasaQ
When properly used, the term "dual channel" refers to the DDR or DDR2
chipset on certain motherboards designed with two memory channels
instead of one. The two channels handle memory-processing more
efficiently by utilizing the theoretical bandwidth of the two modules,
thus reducing system latencies, the timing delays that inherently occur
with one memory module. For example, one controller reads and writes
data while the second controller prepares for the next access, hence,
eliminating the reset and setup delays that occur before one memory
module can begin the read/write process all over again. Think of it like
two relay runners. The first runner runs one leg while the second runner
sets up and prepares to receive the baton smoothly and carry on the task
at hand without delay. While performance gains from dual-channel
chipsets aren't huge, they can increase bandwidth by as much as 10
percent. To those seeking to push the performance envelope, that 10
percent can be very important.

If you have a dual-channel platform and you want to take advantage of
the performance gain it offers, our advice is to simply purchase your
DDR or DDR2 memory in pairs. *However, be very careful to order two
modules with the exact same specifications; the modules must be
identical to each other to perform correctly.*

Old November 19th 11, 04:02 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
PcGAmeR22[_17_]

i guess there is something related to that
there is an important windows update that ive been trying to download
for months
it wont download for some reason

Old November 28th 11, 01:42 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 16/11/2011 10:56 AM, PcGAmeR22 wrote:
I have a good rig for operations and tasks , when i first got my
computer the loading was fast and the performance was excellent
after i installed alot of stuff , games , programs , apps etc.
it became slower , does the ammount of files on the pc effect the
performance permemantly , because i spent last night removing anything
that i dont use , i freed almost 12 gigs
but the performance is still slow , i scanned my pc using microsoft
security essentians and it did not detect any viruses , i also cleaned
my heatsink and applied thermal paste , still no improve , im not saying
that the performance is bad , its just much slower than it was before
any solutions ?

You didn't mention which OS you're talking about, I'll assume Windows 7.
This is a good link to speeding up your bootup times. I've typically
gained about 30 seconds or more of additional speed during boot up after
running this. It requires rerunning every six months or so to speed up
the system again.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/1402...-or-windows-7/

Another thing you should look into is your Windows Event log, and look
under the custom view called "Administrative Events". This view takes
error messages from several different Windows logs and shows the most
serious ones in one view. Try to clean up the repeating errors, because
very likely there will be several on your system, they just inevitably
start cropping up after awhile due to entropy.

Yousuf Khan