Do I have a setting wrong?

Old April 10th 09, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Bob Newman

Default Do I have a setting wrong?

I have an HP laptop with XP. I used to use an external monitor but it
started saying "no signal" and stopped working. After Office 2007 ran some
diagnostics (probably unrelated) when I rebooted the computer the external
monitor started working and mirrored the laptop screen, apparently working
again. Once the boot-up process started Windows the monitor again said "no
signal" and stopped working again. (All of this with the laptop open).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Old April 10th 09, 01:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

Bob Newman wrote:
I have an HP laptop with XP. I used to use an external monitor but it
started saying "no signal" and stopped working. After Office 2007 ran some
diagnostics (probably unrelated) when I rebooted the computer the external
monitor started working and mirrored the laptop screen, apparently working
again. Once the boot-up process started Windows the monitor again said "no
signal" and stopped working again. (All of this with the laptop open).

Any ideas?

There's usually a keystroke to toggle the external video on and off. If
your keyboard as a Fn button, look for keys that have an extra function
printed on the front (not top) face of that button. Use the Fn key to
execute that function.

On this keyboard:

http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/3415.jpg

Fn + F7 appears to toggle the external display.
Old April 10th 09, 03:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Bob Newman

"Grinder" wrote in message
Bob Newman wrote:
I have an HP laptop with XP. I used to use an external monitor but it
started saying "no signal" and stopped working. After Office 2007 ran
some diagnostics (probably unrelated) when I rebooted the computer the
external monitor started working and mirrored the laptop screen,
apparently working again. Once the boot-up process started Windows the
monitor again said "no signal" and stopped working again. (All of this
with the laptop open).

Any ideas?

There's usually a keystroke to toggle the external video on and off. If
your keyboard as a Fn button, look for keys that have an extra function
printed on the front (not top) face of that button. Use the Fn key to
execute that function.

On this keyboard:

http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/3415.jpg

Fn + F7 appears to toggle the external display.

I don't know if you are a guy or girl but I'll give you a big kiss anyway.
I tried a buttom previously missed and it works great!

Thanks again... Bob

Old April 10th 09, 03:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
1D1OT

Bob Newman wrote:
[...]

Now your 'n' key seems erratic. :-)

Old April 10th 09, 03:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

Bob Newman wrote:
[...]

Scratches beard Er, give it to yer mum.