HP Color LaserJet 5550 - Copies Multiplied

Old August 6th 08, 09:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
1uk3

Default HP Color LaserJet 5550 - Copies Multiplied

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to point in the right direction with
this.

At work, we have a HP Color LaserJet 5550 which is on our
network/domain. Some users have complained that the printer is printing
a multiple of the copies requested.

For example if a user selects to print 2 copies of a document, 4 copies
will print. If they choose 3 copies, 9 copies will print. (2 x 2 = 4
and 3 x 3 = 9).

This only happens for some users who are all located in a certain area
of the building which to me points to it being a network issue but I'm
not sure of how to trouble shoot this to find the cause.

Could it be anything to do with a faulty switch do you think?

Anyway, hope someone can give me some kind of idea of how to go forward
with this.

Thanks in advance.

Old August 6th 08, 01:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

hello sir,

I'm Hanumesh from Digicom Systems Pvt Ltd., we are IT solution
provider & we are business parter of HP,IBM,APC we would like to have
your contact no. so that we can solve your problem visiting your
office.please contact us using below address,

Digicom Systems (Blr) Pvt. Ltd.,

No, 17,1st main, 1st cross

Dollars Layout, KES Colony

IV Phase, J.P.Nagar

Bangalore- 560078

PH: 26588005/8054

Old August 6th 08, 04:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Warren Block

1uk3 wrote:

I'm hoping someone might be able to point in the right direction with
this.

At work, we have a HP Color LaserJet 5550 which is on our
network/domain. Some users have complained that the printer is printing
a multiple of the copies requested.

For example if a user selects to print 2 copies of a document, 4 copies
will print. If they choose 3 copies, 9 copies will print. (2 x 2 = 4
and 3 x 3 = 9).

My guess is that one of the group thinks they have to set both the
application and the printer driver to print multiple copies. That would
explain the multiplication.

Then that member of the group showed all the others how to do it.

This only happens for some users who are all located in a certain area
of the building which to me points to it being a network issue but I'm
not sure of how to trouble shoot this to find the cause.

Could it be anything to do with a faulty switch do you think?

Seems unlikely. I can think of ways to do that, but not to come up with
the multiplication.

Old August 7th 08, 06:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
1uk3[_2_]

Warren Block;759465 Wrote:
1uk3 wrote:

[...]

Thanks for getting back to me Warren - much appreciated.

I've checked everyone's settings and no-one has multiple copies set-up
anywhere as default - good idea though which would have explained the
issue.

Old August 8th 08, 12:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Warren Block

1uk3 wrote:
Warren Block;759465 Wrote:
1uk3 wrote:

At work, we have a HP Color LaserJet 5550 which is on our
network/domain. Some users have complained that the printer is
printing a multiple of the copies requested.

For example if a user selects to print 2 copies of a document, 4
copies will print. If they choose 3 copies, 9 copies will print.
(2 x 2 = 4 and 3 x 3 = 9).

I've checked everyone's settings and no-one has multiple copies set-up
anywhere as default - good idea though which would have explained the
issue.

Restating the problem:

One Color LaserJet 5550n, attached directly to the network.
Some users can print multiple copies to the printer just fine. Other
users of the very same printer get four copies if they ask for two, 9
copies if they ask for three, 16 copies if they ask for four.

Here are the things I'd check:

What operating system?
Printer attached only to network, or network and USB/parallel?
Latest versions of the print driver installed?
Is Citrix or thin client stuff involved?
Tried PostScript drivers instead of PCL, or vice versa?
What application is printing multiple copies?
Do *all* applications print multiple copies?

Now compare this information with one of the that computers doesn't have
the problem. Any differences?