What is your experience with Acer Service in U.S.?

Old January 1st 07, 05:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
c-cubed

Default What is your experience with Acer Service in U.S.?

I have a an Acer laptop that I bought in 2005. It has developed and
overheating problem. I tried contacting Acer for service and here is my
experience.

1) I tryed their on line website at
http://us.acer.com/acereuro/page6.do...&crc=790373818.
I discovered I couldn't fill out their on-line form for depot service
because the website insisted the serial number on my machine was
invalid.

2) I used the "Contact us" email address to try and get some help. The
mail bounced with an erro saying the address was not registered with
the mail server.

3) I called their 800 service number. The good news is I got through
with minimal wait and the person on the other end was very courteous.
The bad news was he said "Oh you probably don't want us to repair the
machine. Our minumum charge is $499.00." I asked for a reference to any
other service organization and he said he wasn't aware of any.

Very bad experience. Althought the Acer seems to be a pretty good
machine for the money, 18 months is too short a product life and there
is apparently NO service of any kind. I don't think my next machine
will be an Acer.

Old January 1st 07, 05:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
jappy

Join the party! I have 2 acers and bought their extended warranty.
Had each of them sent in for repairs 3-4 times each. It took many
times of returns for repair BECAUSE they do the least they can. If
they cannot duplicate the problem(when some problems are sporatic and
takes a little time to produce) they ship it back saying its fixed.
I'll never buy another Acer thats for sure and would not reccommend
them to anyone. Both of mine developed problems after about only 14
months(Good thing I had the extended warranty but even with it, their
repair serivce is terrible. WHen u have to send the machine in for
repairs 3 times because it wasn't fixed right the first time, this
indicates the uselessness and lack of support for Acer Computers.

Old January 2nd 07, 03:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
HH

Just the opposite here. My Travelmate notebook display went on the fritz 2
weeks after the standard 1-year warranty expired. I called Acer support and
was told to ship it to them. 2 weeks later I had it back with a new display
panel. No complaints here.

HH

ups.com...

Old February 10th 07, 08:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
doS

Just sent my aspire 1640 in for broken hinge plastic...took one week, my
machine was out of warranty, acer didnt charge me anything for the repair, 3
day fedexed it back to me....very pleased

"HH" wrote in message
Just the opposite here. My Travelmate notebook display went on the fritz 2
weeks after the standard 1-year warranty expired. I called Acer support
and was told to ship it to them. 2 weeks later I had it back with a new
display panel. No complaints here.

HH

ups.com...

Old February 11th 07, 07:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Jack Daniels

It is unfortunate...I would like to have a newer
Acer. The one I have is absolutely great..But,
service (As with other computer companies) is
so deficient that I am reluctantly looking at other
brands. If you can find their website which isn't
easy, they will answer you and give you an
opportunity to reply; after about a weeks's
delay. Regards