ati AIW 9600 - connecting tv coax cable to ATI (HOW)?

Old December 31st 06, 02:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
tdr

Default ati AIW 9600 - connecting tv coax cable to ATI (HOW)?

I can not find any info on how to connect the cable companies coax to
the ati 9600 AIW and watch tv. (or record from the cable companies DVR
- device is 30+ feet away from the computer)

What is the tv connector? input? or Output?

Do I need another device to convert the coax to s-video or composit?

I was able to get an ext. dvd player connected but that was thru the
composit ports.

TIA.

Old December 31st 06, 04:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

Does your card look like this one:
http://ati.amd.com/designpartners/me..._board_lrg.jpg

On this card there is a threaded coax connector for the TV antenna.

ups.com...

Old December 31st 06, 06:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

"tdr" wrote in message
ups.com...
I can not find any info on how to connect the cable companies coax to
the ati 9600 AIW and watch tv. (or record from the cable companies DVR
- device is 30+ feet away from the computer)

What is the tv connector? input? or Output?

Do I need another device to convert the coax to s-video or composit?

I was able to get an ext. dvd player connected but that was thru the
composit ports.

TIA.

Connectors are described in MMC*.PDF on the disc that came with your AIW.
Basically the RF co-ax connector and the breakout box are input. Everything
else is output.
I have cable run directly to the co-ax connector for easy access to standard
channels. Have S-Video&audio from the box to the breakout box for the best
picture from the box and the RF out of the box is not stereo.

50ft S-Video cables are available. May need an amplifier. If you wanted to
connect both the cable box and DVR to the AIW this way you'll have to get a
S-Video & audio switch. The switch would make it more likely to need an
amplifier. It's possible they make a switch/amplifier combo.

Hope I understood your post correctly and this helps.

Old January 1st 07, 11:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
tdr

Thanks,

I found out what the problem was.

I was trying to scan for channels thru the vcr, dvr, and cable box.
with no luck.
I needed to connect the "raw" cable (no devices on the wire) to the
card first then scan for channels, once it found the channels, I then
was able to connect the card to the DVR and see the signal for the DVR
and VCR.

T Shadow wrote:
ups.com...