BFG 7600 GS OC 512MB or BFG 6800 GS OC 256 MB?

Old October 16th 06, 07:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default BFG 7600 GS OC 512MB or BFG 6800 GS OC 256 MB?

I want to buy a midrange AGP video card to keep my system going for
another 6 months before building a new machine. I'd like to get a card
that is $150 or under. Two good choices that I've found locally are
BFGTech cards. Specifically a GeForce 7600 GS OC with 512MB of RAM and
a GeForce 6800 GS OC with 256MB of RAM. From what I've gathered online
both seem similar in performance but I haven't managed to find any
direct comparisons of their performance and features. All things being
equal I would assume the 7600 would be better because it uses a newer
chip with newer feature support. Does anyone have experience with
these and can tell if one is faster than the other? Or does anyone
have any other sub-$150 AGP video cards to recommend?