Acer I am Not Ammused

Old July 14th 05, 03:58 PM
Ted

Default Acer I am Not Ammused

Sent my Acer monitor back to Esplex on the 30th June for repair.
Esplex emailed me the following Tuesday saying that I will be getting a
replacement from
Northamber or Midwich.
Was told by a very professional man from one of Acer/Esplex suppliers that
the order will take 28 days to go through, but neither Northamber or Midwich
have had an order placed from Acer/ Esplex as yet.

So I am looking at 32 days plus for a replacement Monitor.
Well done Acer for a fast return!!
Never Again.
Have now purchased a iiyama 19inch TFT monitor, 48hr swap-out if it dies.
One Acer 17tft monitor for sale if and when it turns up!!!

Old March 16th 06, 07:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

"Ted" wrote in message
Sent my Acer monitor back to Esplex on the 30th June for repair.
Esplex emailed me the following Tuesday saying that I will be getting a
replacement from
Northamber or Midwich.
Was told by a very professional man from one of Acer/Esplex suppliers that
the order will take 28 days to go through, but neither Northamber or
Midwich
have had an order placed from Acer/ Esplex as yet.

So I am looking at 32 days plus for a replacement Monitor.
Well done Acer for a fast return!!
Never Again.
Have now purchased a iiyama 19inch TFT monitor, 48hr swap-out if it dies.
One Acer 17tft monitor for sale if and when it turns up!!!

Don't talk to me about Acer!!!!

I sent my Travelmate 2310 in for repair, only for it to come back with a new
hard drive, new screen but the same problem. Also missing was the E
Recovery software. When you contact Acer they just tell you to run the
recovery program.

So how do you get it into Acer's thick heads that you can't run a e recovery
without the software

Old January 5th 07, 10:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Davy

I purchased an IIyama, was alright for about three months and then the
picture would sometimes flicker or it would trip to standby ~ could
have sorted it myself being in electronics but it was under warranty.

I received a brand new one well within a week.... I've had this a few
years now and it's still as good as new.

Just to let you know I had 1st class service from IIyama without any
quibbles and I would be happy to use them again.

Davy

Old January 11th 07, 01:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
doS

wasssuppp HH!!!

"HH" wrote in message
Hey doS, what it is????