lLooking for USB for computer front

Old March 29th 09, 07:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
metspitzer

Default lLooking for USB for computer front

I would like to have a PCI card that connects to a front 5.25 panel to
give 4 USB 2 ports.

Anyone have one they like?
Old March 29th 09, 10:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
1D1OT

"metspitzer" wrote in message
I would like to have a PCI card that connects to a front 5.25 panel to
give 4 USB 2 ports.

I've had this Bytecc for about 5 months. Easy install, no software involved,
works fine. Quite versatile; especially with the eSATA.

Old March 29th 09, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
metspitzer

On Mar 29, 4:05*pm, "1D1OT" wrote:
"metspitzer" wrote in message

I would like to have a PCI card that connects to a front 5.25 panel to
give 4 USB 2 ports.

I've had this Bytecc for about 5 months. Easy install, no software involved,
works fine. Quite versatile; especially with the eSATA.

Look cool, but not quite what I am looking for. The one you have
listed plugs into the motherboard. I need one that comes with a PCI
card and I only need USB ports.

I havn't been able to find but one. It looks like this one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Value-US.../dp/B00126G60E

This one is in the UK and I live in the US.
Old March 29th 09, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
metspitzer

On Mar 29, 4:34*pm, metspitzer wrote:
On Mar 29, 4:05*pm, "1D1OT" wrote:

"metspitzer" wrote in message

.. .

I would like to have a PCI card that connects to a front 5.25 panel to
give 4 USB 2 ports.

I've had this Bytecc for about 5 months. Easy install, no software involved,
works fine. Quite versatile; especially with the eSATA.

Look cool, but not quite what I am looking for. *The one you have
listed plugs into the motherboard. *I need one that comes with a PCI
card and I only need USB ports.

I havn't been able to find but one. *It looks like this one.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Value-US.../dp/B00126G60E

This one is in the UK and I live in the US.

This looks like a way cool one, but I don't need firewire. I have no
clue what uses it.
http://reviews.pricegrabber.com/usb-...es/m/18072671/
Old March 29th 09, 11:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JR Weiss[_2_]

"metspitzer" wrote:

I would like to have a PCI card that connects to a front 5.25 panel to
give 4 USB 2 ports.

Look at this:

It has the USB header, so you can either buy a front panel like this:

or use it with one you already have.

Old March 30th 09, 02:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike Painter

metspitzer wrote:
On Mar 29, 4:05 pm, "1D1OT" wrote:
"metspitzer" wrote in message

I would like to have a PCI card that connects to a front 5.25 panel
to give 4 USB 2 ports.

I've had this Bytecc for about 5 months. Easy install, no software
involved, works fine. Quite versatile; especially with the eSATA.

Look cool, but not quite what I am looking for. The one you have
listed plugs into the motherboard. I need one that comes with a PCI
card and I only need USB ports.

Newegg has a card http://tinyurl.com/cdpsfy
and a front panel hub http://tinyurl.com/djt2q5

I'm sure they have others.
There are also quite a few cheap external hubs on the market and after using
what you want for a while I would have been just as well off with a seperate
unit.

Old March 30th 09, 04:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
metspitzer

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:11:09 -0700, "JR Weiss"
wrote:

"metspitzer" wrote:

I would like to have a PCI card that connects to a front 5.25 panel to
give 4 USB 2 ports.

Look at this:

It has the USB header, so you can either buy a front panel like this:

or use it with one you already have.

That one will do it. It is nice that it comes with a 5.25 adapter.
Old March 30th 09, 05:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
metspitzer

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:59:24 -0700, "Mike Painter"
wrote:

metspitzer wrote:
On Mar 29, 4:05 pm, "1D1OT" wrote:
"metspitzer" wrote in message

I would like to have a PCI card that connects to a front 5.25 panel
to give 4 USB 2 ports.

I've had this Bytecc for about 5 months. Easy install, no software
involved, works fine. Quite versatile; especially with the eSATA.

Look cool, but not quite what I am looking for. The one you have
listed plugs into the motherboard. I need one that comes with a PCI
card and I only need USB ports.

Newegg has a card http://tinyurl.com/cdpsfy
and a front panel hub http://tinyurl.com/djt2q5

I'm sure they have others.
There are also quite a few cheap external hubs on the market and after using
what you want for a while I would have been just as well off with a seperate
unit.

I wanted a kit, but getting two parts works too.
In both the kit you showed and the one JR Weiss showed shows the
included cable with a "standard" USB plug on one end and it looks like
it plugs into a printer on the other end.

So.....either the card or the port hub has standard USB and the
printer shaped one.

Right?

Thanks for the suggestions