Does a two VGA output videocard allow to show a movie on a secondary monitor?

Old February 12th 07, 11:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Does a two VGA output videocard allow to show a movie on a secondary monitor?

Hello!
Does a two VGA output videocard allow to show a divx movie on a
secondary monitor while working on the main monitor?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892

Old February 12th 07, 11:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mofaz

If you mean mirroring the exact image(s) on a second monitor, then I'd
have to say that is possible.

Also, you should remove your phone number from your signature.

Old February 13th 07, 12:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
DaveW

It would have to be a very powerful video card, but yes.

--
DaveW

----------------
oups.com...

Old February 13th 07, 06:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Feb 12, 3:53 am, "k" wrote:

Hello!
Does a two VGA output videocard allow to show a divx movie on a
secondary monitor while working on the main monitor?
Best regards,
Dima

Dear Mofaz,
How do I mirror the exact image (divx movie) on a second monitor and
work on the main monitor?
Why should I remove my phone number from my signature?
Best regards,
Dima

Old February 13th 07, 06:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

----------------"k" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hello!
Does a two VGA output videocard allow to show a divx movie on a
secondary monitor while working on the main monitor?
Best regards,
Dima

Thanks DaveW for your reply?
How very powerful would a videocard have to be?
Best regards,
Dima

Old February 13th 07, 11:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Shoo

"k" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!
Does a two VGA output videocard allow to show a divx movie on a
secondary monitor while working on the main monitor?

Yes that is something I do all the time with my Radeon card.
I do work on the 22" crt while watching avi's on the 22" lcd.
If you extend your desktop on to a secondary monitor you can drag any window
on to either screen. Multi monitor software like UltraMon helps you to
manage the extra screens. Very handy stuff

Old February 13th 07, 05:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"k" wrote:

Hello!
Does a two VGA output videocard allow to show a divx movie on a
secondary monitor while working on the main monitor?

Yes.

You can use DVI to VGA adapters if the mainstream/modern NVIDIA or
ATI video card has DVI outputs instead. Or, you can use two
different video cards.

Speaking from much experience. If you are using Windows, you don't
need any monitor management software. Windows connects the monitors
in whichever direction you like. If you have the second monitor
configured to the right side, your mouse continues past the right
side of your main monitor into the left side of your second monitor.
You can drag windows from the first to the second monitor and back.
Currently... I put the taskbar, instant messaging, calendar, and
hardware monitoring on the secondary monitor to my right side. And
sometimes I play videos over there too. Functionally, it's no
different than having the monitors physically connected, except that
maximizing a window occurs in the one screen where the window most
resides, and the taskbar goes on only one screen. Windows XP will
reopen windows in whatever monitor they closed in. That's how
Windows does it, monitor management software can do things
differently but I wouldn't mess with it, adding stuff to Windows
complicates things.

In my opinion. The usefulness of a second monitor is proportional to
your busyness at the computer. If you have a lot to do, multiple
monitors are very useful. If you have little to do, the additional
monitor(s) might seem like a waste.

Good luck and have fun.

Best regards,
Dima

Old February 14th 07, 12:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mofaz

Because this is a public forum. Would you like the world to call your
phone? I'll give you a call a few 100 times if you'd like. I'll let
the phone ring, then hang up. :-)

On Feb 12, 10:18 pm, "k" wrote:
Why should I remove my phone number from my signature?
Best regards,
Dima- Hide quoted text

Old February 14th 07, 06:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Feb 12, 10:18 pm, "k" wrote:

Why should I remove my phone number from my signature?
Best regards,
Dima- Hide quoted text- Hide quoted text -

Dear Mofaz,
I can screen the number of a caller and my phone will not take calls
from that number.

Beware of LG Yugo Printers 31 July 12th 06 08:06 PM
64-bit Gold Fingers Homebuilt PC's 6 March 24th 06 05:00 PM
Seagate Barracuda 160 GB IDE becomes corrupted. RMA? Dan_Musicant Storage (alternative) 79 February 28th 06 08:23 AM
How to use 9800 secondary output with Premiere Pro? Beemer Ati Videocards 0 June 23rd 05 05:20 PM
Second monitor will not show Richard Dvo??k General Hardware 11 August 10th 04 07:18 PM