ati dvd files 720x960

Old January 6th 07, 07:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

Default ati dvd files 720x960

"randy" wrote in message
ps.com...

T.

I am fdisking & formating my drive,

clean install of XP pro SP2 and downloading 57 +/- updates.

For the 1st time the 8.7 cd gave me an error, starting to think

one of the updates is at fault.

Will try the updates after the ati install.

Thank for the input.

randy

T Shadow wrote:
"randy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can't install 9.16

Unable to start TV
"check the windows device manger to ensure that the correct video
drivers has been installed and working properly before attempting to
restart TV."

Randy

T Shadow wrote:
"randy" wrote in message
oups.com...

I click record, or a schedule a recording

and the captured TV show is 720x960.

Tuner or composite in.

The clean install fixed VCD, it was 352 x 480.

Randy

"randy" wrote in message
ps.com...
I've done a clean install of Xp and ati software

6-8_xcode_35179, and atiCDwiz

6-11_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wmd_en_37616

9-14_mmc_uci

9-15_mmc_enu

All my DVD captures are still 720x960

HELP !!!

This is a problem with 9.1?. Don't know if 9.16 cured it.

I posted info on the order of installation within the last week. You may
need to use the info on ati.com/install to clean out the old

installation
first though.
If all you have is an AIW and your card doesn't need newer drivers MMC

9.08
or 9.06 may be a better choice anyway.

Never had a problem the methods at ati.com/install didn't clean up. The 2
times I reinstalled XP, it didn't help. Of course it is possible your XP
install actually has a problem, but doubt it.

Old January 20th 07, 07:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
NaeSLaS

ok, so this topic is probably dead, but who cares.

I have this problem with my 9600 as well. Here's what i did to
capture full resolution (720X480)

First, make a preset, and keep it at 720X480 resolution (which
captures at 720X960). Get everything else perfect, just how you want
it.

Go into the registry, REGEDIT in RUN

Go to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI
Technologies\MultiMedia\Features\DTV\Record\Transc ode\MPEG\{XXX}

Find the key for Video Height, and change it to 240 from 480.

Then, re-open TV, and check to make sure it shows in the capture
profiles that it records at 720X240.

The final file will be the correctly sized at 720X480.

Hope this helps.

Old January 28th 07, 12:06 AM
Eyeball Eyeball is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeSLaS
ok, so this topic is probably dead, but who cares.

I have this problem with my 9600 as well. Here's what i did to
capture full resolution (720X480)

First, make a preset, and keep it at 720X480 resolution (which
captures at 720X960). Get everything else perfect, just how you want
it.

Go into the registry, REGEDIT in RUN

Go to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI
Technologies\MultiMedia\Features\DTV\Record\Transc ode\MPEG\{XXX}

Find the key for Video Height, and change it to 240 from 480.

Then, re-open TV, and check to make sure it shows in the capture
profiles that it records at 720X240.

The final file will be the correctly sized at 720X480.

Hope this helps.
THANK YOU!!!
I appreciate you raising this thread from the grave.
I don't know if there are any repercussions to the method you used, but it worked perfectly for me.
I had the same problem with the 720x960 crap.
I didn't want to mess around for 2 days swapping drivers around to get it to work right.
Thanks again.
Old February 2nd 07, 09:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

Thanks NaeSLaS if it happens again I'll try it.

After 15 days ATI answered and it worked !!!

I would recommend installing Catalyst 6.2 and Multimedia Center
9.06.1. Installation instructions can be found at www.ati.com/install,
please follow the instructions to fully remove all AMD software for
ATI products before installing the updated software. If you have a
Remote Wonder, make sure the Remote Wonder is unplugged from the USB
port on the computer before you uninstall, and not plugged back in
until you have rebooted after installing the RW drivers at the end.

Catalyst 6.2 can be found in KB article 737-21599

MMC 9.06.1 can be found In KB article 737-18934

If you are using Gemstar Guide Plus it needs to be installed from the
original CD, it is not part of the software you download from AMD. It
can be found in the Install\Gemstar directory on the Catalyst CD. As
long as you install the Gemstar software before you install the last
of the MMC downloads from the above MMC software it will show up in
the AMD Launchpad.

If you need the Remote Wonder software RW 3.02 can be found at the
link below

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/x...-30200-xp.html

The software is installed in the order it is listed. If you have a
Radeon based video card, install the Catalyst drivers first, then the
Multimedia Center software in the order it is listed on the webpage
then the Remote Wonder software.

To find the specific KB articles;

1. Click on the "Customer Care" bar (second link from the left across
the top of the ATI website).

2. In the upper left hand corner, click on the "Advanced Search" link.

3. Under "Search Type:" select "by ID:737"

4. Type in the number [relevant KB Article number] and press the
"Enter" button on your keyboard

Thanks ATI Support and all who posted here.

2nd time a charm?